Selling Fees

I've just received the email regarding new fees from April. Ebay thanked me for being a customer for 20 years when I rang a while ago but I'm beginning to wonder if it is worth it.

I only sell bits from home and presume with the new fee added to the old fee it will now cost 12.43% + 30p for each item if I've understood it correctly.

What I've always felt a bit unhappy about is I'm sure the fee didn't use to include postage when I started. I don't overcharge for postage and have to pay that amount regardless so why should you have to pay a % of that? 

Message 1 of 3
See Most Recent
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Selling Fees

Yep a hike in fees ,  supose it had to come one day, but the postage question has been a constant matter of discussion here for the many years the fee has been there on P & P.

Some believe it's just another way to hike up fees bring in extra revenue,  well there's no denying that fact, but also true that there were times some sellers were listing items,  for example,  for £1  with say a £50 postage fee.  Seller was receiving £51 and no fees paid to eBay.

So the few spoilt it for the many, Mulit Billion Dollar Corporation or not,  fee avoidance could not be tolerated.

This now cannot happen and it's a level playing field for all.

As an aside,   those who were offering ' Free Postage' always paid this fee.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
See Most Recent
2 REPLIES 2

Selling Fees

Yep a hike in fees ,  supose it had to come one day, but the postage question has been a constant matter of discussion here for the many years the fee has been there on P & P.

Some believe it's just another way to hike up fees bring in extra revenue,  well there's no denying that fact, but also true that there were times some sellers were listing items,  for example,  for £1  with say a £50 postage fee.  Seller was receiving £51 and no fees paid to eBay.

So the few spoilt it for the many, Mulit Billion Dollar Corporation or not,  fee avoidance could not be tolerated.

This now cannot happen and it's a level playing field for all.

As an aside,   those who were offering ' Free Postage' always paid this fee.

Message 2 of 3
See Most Recent

Selling Fees

It's to make up for the shortfall caused by recent changes in UK law like everyone that sells over 30 items being reported to HMRC.

Now the ordinary working person doesn't want to risk being investigated even if they are doing nothing wrong so ebay are losing out hugely and the remaining sellers will now have to pay the price because of it

Message 3 of 3
See Most Recent
Got selling related questions? Start here: