Scamer buyer or buyers remorse what to do?

Hi, sold 3 marvel legends combied orders, got to the seller in 48hrs and he claims the figure was broken... I took pictures before packing her and of her package there is zero chance of a breakage. So what can I do? He wants a full refund.

Message 1 of 39
See Most Recent
38 REPLIES 38

Re: Scamer buyer or buyers remorse what to do?

get the goods back and put a claim into the postal provider.

Message 21 of 39
See Most Recent

Insist on the full order being returned.  When it's returned, report the buyer for abusing the MBG.  

The fact that he wants your email to deal direct suggests that he's reluctant to involve eBay - maybe because he does this regularly and has probably been reported before - which could lead to an account suspension.

Message 22 of 39
See Most Recent

@tblu51 wrote:

Hi, sold 3 marvel legends combied orders, got to the seller in 48hrs and he claims the figure was broken... I took pictures before packing her and of her package there is zero chance of a breakage. So what can I do? He wants a full refund.

Yes, and he'll get it. ebay, like a court or payments provider, don't know if a seller's picture (I don't mean yours but some hypothetical seller's) is the same item, or taken before a mishap.

I don't doubt fraudulent claimd do happen sometimes, but ebay, who are in possession of the overal figures, take the line that their present returns  policy, for the average seller, maximises the number of successful transactions. It only takes so many good transactions,  to pay for a loss, and other kinds of businesses get shoplifters, unpaid plumbing bills at thye end of the month, and insect in the salad incidents.

(I was prevented from posting the name of a likely insect, even though I wasn't referring to a human one!)

Can you imagine how much more you could sell if everybody took it for granted that you would never encounter a crooked or incompetent seller on ebay? They trimit down fairly close with the MBG, but it doesn't take a huge mistake for a buyer to lose his rights, and many find a case to be irritating wrangling and delay.

Unfortunately not every seller is average. I hope you will forgive me for saying media figurines attract a less mature sort of over-18 than shelf brackets or boxes of woodscrews.

With a cheap item which really might have broken in transit, it makes sense to avoid return postage and a defect by agreeing the case without return. But your second-worst enemy is the seller who is sure that the buyer has a good item, but still won't fight out the case and pay return postag. He won't win, but would your figurine man have tried this if he knew ebay were aware of two or three disputed but won cases on his record?

Message 23 of 39
See Most Recent

ALWAYS BLOCK ANY BUYER OR SELLER WHO'S CAUSED PROBLEM AND CANCEL SALE. 

Message 24 of 39
See Most Recent

Use PayPal if possible because if its an iffy seller and you have returned tracked goods to them, PayPal will refund you eventually. 

Message 25 of 39
See Most Recent

Get the buyer to send you photos of the broken item and packaging it was sent in advising them the only way it could have been damaged is in transit if it was carefully packed by you, state that you need this evidence to make a claim for item damaged against the courier you used.  When making a claim with the courier send all photos of evidence, check the level of cover provided by the courier which hopefully is up to the value of the item.  If it was sent using Royal Mail you will need your proof of postage.

Message 26 of 39
See Most Recent

I've just had a buyer contact me saying that a brand new Blu-ray disc I sold doesn't play and he's tried it on 3 different players (I find that hard to believe as most people only have 1 player). Asked him to return it for a full refund, when I received it I played it on my Blu-ray player and it played perfectly. I think he's a remorse buyer taking advantage of eBay's money back guarantee policy.

Message 27 of 39
See Most Recent

I take it he sent photos of the so called damage, There really is nothing you can do except offer to pay the return post and have the item back or refund, eBay will always side with the buyer.Block the buyer on the block buyers list and then they can not buy from you again, Wait until you have decided what to do or the block bidders list will not allow them to send you messages. 

This is the joy of eBay. 

Message 28 of 39
See Most Recent

eBay will not allow you to send your email address eBay will blank it out in any message, Make sure you stick to eBay messages and then you have proof and eBay can see you are dealing with the problem from there end, It will all be dealt with by computer not a person. I am afraid, Get that photo sent to you via messages, 

Message 29 of 39
See Most Recent

If the buyer has already sent messages they can continue to do so - even if they're on the blocked bidders list - because they can reply to an existing message.

Message 30 of 39
See Most Recent

You can appeal to eBay but they charge you if they do not accept you are right, Found this out the hard way, Would never appeal again far to expensive. 

Message 31 of 39
See Most Recent

A Good stong box with all that inside is the answer, I was told by our evri agentthat you should pack to allow for a drop of  15ft in case the parcel fell off a moving belt, The standar seems to be from waist height but better safe then sorry, I sell china and very rarely have anything damaged in transit, My Husband who packs for me takes a belt and braces approach, Over pack rather than under, 

Message 32 of 39
See Most Recent

You were lucky that is rare. 

Message 33 of 39
See Most Recent

It's all sorted now thanks for your advice. Issued a full refund and reported the buyer to eBay as a remorse buyer abusing the money back guarantee policy and blocked him as a bidder. 

Message 34 of 39
See Most Recent

I use Evri all the time and have found them reliable and good, Any Problems sorted quickly and compensation where it was needed dealt with swiftly, Royal mail which is who I used for years were much worse, Parcels lost in post or damaged and very difficult to get any compensation, 

Message 35 of 39
See Most Recent

Well done, I am  afraid that is all you could do really, eBay always favours the buyer in any dispute, They don't seem to realise without the sellers they would have no site, 

Message 36 of 39
See Most Recent

Report buyer to ebay, state you believe he changed his mind and wanted to take opportunity of free returns and full refund. by saying faulty.  Ebay do check for buyers who repeatly abuse this system by falsely claiming items are faulty so they do not have to pay return costs and get refund, also block buyer so you don't have to deal with them again.  

Message 37 of 39
See Most Recent

I Think People soon work out how to manipulate a system when Money is involved, I got to the stage and one point of marking my goods with an invisible marking pen and was able to see that one buyer had sent me back as Broken in transit an item that was not mine. Not everyone is honest I am afarid and eBay does play into those greedy hands.  They have no regard for the seller but always side with the buyer right or wrong. 

Message 38 of 39
See Most Recent

It wont help I am afraid the bank and eBay will not care. You have to bite the bullet I am afarid, All part of selling on this site. 

Message 39 of 39
See Most Recent
Got selling related questions? Start here: