Royal Mail not marked as delivered but Buyer HAS confirmed they've received Item

Hi

As title suggests - 

Spoke to buyer who confirmed they received item, and they're happy with it. However when looking at Tracking Number there's no update since me posting. Fees on hold.

Any ideas? 

Message 1 of 7
See Most Recent
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Royal Mail not marked as delivered but Buyer HAS confirmed they've received Item

It usually takes up to 24hrs before Royal Mail updates the system, but unfortunately there's always the odd one where they don't ever update.

The only things you can really do is first contact Royal Mail's Customer Support and ask if they can get it to be updated, now if you have a Twitter account (I'm never calling it 'X'), it would be better to contact them there, as contacting by phone hardly ever goes anywhere, but I always get assistance by the Twitter team. Second is to use the confirmation by the buyer and ask eBay to make a decision and hope that they choose in your favour, but again on Twitter, contact @askebay, let them know what's going on and they will help... I'd actually recommend you go the Twitter route, I've always had a positive outcome that way!

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
See Most Recent
6 REPLIES 6

It usually takes up to 24hrs before Royal Mail updates the system, but unfortunately there's always the odd one where they don't ever update.

The only things you can really do is first contact Royal Mail's Customer Support and ask if they can get it to be updated, now if you have a Twitter account (I'm never calling it 'X'), it would be better to contact them there, as contacting by phone hardly ever goes anywhere, but I always get assistance by the Twitter team. Second is to use the confirmation by the buyer and ask eBay to make a decision and hope that they choose in your favour, but again on Twitter, contact @askebay, let them know what's going on and they will help... I'd actually recommend you go the Twitter route, I've always had a positive outcome that way!

Message 2 of 7
See Most Recent

WIll get onto RM on Twitter now - Thanks

Message 3 of 7
See Most Recent

Be thankful the buyer is honest and did not use this opportunity to open a fake item not recieved case 

You don't need to do anything, the tracking may never change 

You can claim back the postage cost from the courier for failing to scan the item if you have the time to do this, but otherwise it doesnt matter that it doesnt show delivered as long as the buyer is happy (and honest!)

Message 4 of 7
See Most Recent

@myriad*seller wrote:

Be thankful the buyer is honest and did not use this opportunity to open a fake item not recieved case 

True that! Thankfully only had to deal with that sort of buyer a few times since I started here in 2009.

Message 5 of 7
See Most Recent

Update - They've sorted it and now funds are available. 

Got 10 First class stamps sent out to me to make up the cost and they're escalating an issue with the local sorting office (Buyer's side)

Message 6 of 7
See Most Recent

That's good to hear. Also good that they're sending you some free stamps for the trouble!

Message 7 of 7
See Most Recent
Got selling related questions? Start here: