[Royal Mail] Buyer redirects package to a different address then opens an INR case?

Hi I'm a novice seller on eBay and occasionally sell things, mainly gaming stuff. I recently posted an item worth about £100 via Royal Mail 48 last week. It was supposed to be delivered on Thursday last week, anyway considering the bank holidays, it still hasn't been delivered I was a little perplexed it didn't get delivered yet, but didn't really think much of it until now.

Anyway this morning I find the buyer has opened an INR case. However what's more is the buyer has seemingly re-routed the parcel themselve as the tracking now shows 'Advanced Redelivery Request - Deliver to Neighbouring Address' over the weekend too, which shows a specific nearby address and after a bit of Googling I think it's something the buyer must have done themselves?

It's a buyer with no feedback and we even had a brief conversation before I posted it (ironically I told him I'm a bit wary of no feedback users being scammers and he told me he's heard all about it and said he has seen it with his own eyes). I assumed good faith and posted it to the original address they provided anyway.

Other key information:

• I added the tracking the same day I posted it off
  • Their original address provided was to a Click and Collect outlet
  • The rerouted address seems to be a residential one

What are my rights now as the seller and the likely outcome of the ongoing INR case? I'm not really wanting to point the finger at them being a scammer but after finding them reroute the package and open the case a couple days later it's got alarm bells ringing in my mind...

Message 1 of 23
See Most Recent
22 REPLIES 22

[Royal Mail] Buyer redirects package to a different address then opens an INR case?

`Problems with Click and Collect seem to be a regular subject here. `

This is why i`ve never used click and collect, GSP or anything else come to that, too many cooks in the kitchen.

Keep it stupid simple i say, just like i have since day one, never had a parcel go missing or arrive damaged in 20+ years!

Message 21 of 23
See Most Recent

I found using GSP to be brilliant and has made a big difference to my sales.. The few issues I have had have always been quickly resolved by eBay. 

Message 22 of 23
See Most Recent

And that`s great, whatever works for everyone else 🙂 As we all read on here constantly, is how bad Evri are for alot of people, yet in all the years i`ve used them, i`ve had one issue, which was resolved with one email, so alot of things work great for alot of people, i personally just don`t like too many third parties, it increases the risk of issues.

Message 23 of 23
See Most Recent
Got selling related questions? Start here: