Promotion Order - Charged Transaction Fee Twice

Today a buyer purchased 4 items using my 'Buy 3 Get 1 Free' promotion.

The order came through as 2 seperate transactions, (2 items on each), therefore I was charged the transaction fee twice.
Okay it's pennies, but pennies make pounds. 

What am I missing here? As far as I was aware the promotion would only kick in if all items were paid for in one transaction. 

Like my pennies back please...

Jo

Message 1 of 7
See Most Recent
6 REPLIES 6

Did your buyer buy in two lots? If so that's why you were charged two lots of  gtransaction fees.

Photobucket

"Take deep breaths, it'll soon be gone"

Message 2 of 7
See Most Recent

Well this is what I don't understand, they shouldn't have received the Buy 3 get 1 free offer if it's two seperate orders.

Jo

Message 3 of 7
See Most Recent

Without seeing the wording of the offer, I can't really comment except to say "get one free" offers are often miss-understood. Perhaps speaking to an eBay rep is the way to go.  

Photobucket

"Take deep breaths, it'll soon be gone"

Message 4 of 7
See Most Recent

I think so 😔

Jo

Message 5 of 7
See Most Recent

This has frequently happened to me.  I have multi-buy up to four items.  I get one order for two items, then another order for two items - and they're all at the four item multi-buy price.  This means I pay 2 x 36p transaction charges and the buyer gets the max discount.

Message 6 of 7
See Most Recent

Hi Jo

It may be that the items have different postage or return policies, if the products are under different policies they will count as different transactions when processed.

Message 7 of 7
See Most Recent
Got selling related questions? Start here: