Promoted fees

Is the 11% charged in addition to the fees charged on a listing, like another 11% or is the total charged 11%? We are already paying around 10% so another 11% makes about a fifth of the total, in my case more than I make on my sales.

Here's the advice: "The percentage of an item's total sale amount (including item price, postage, taxes and any other applicable fees) that is charged when a buyer clicks on your promoted listing and purchases any of your promoted items within 30 days of the click. Choosing a higher ad rate may help increase your views. Any applicable VAT may be applied to your advertising fees.

It is "clear as mud" as they say.

Message 1 of 3
See Most Recent
2 REPLIES 2

Promoted fees

As per eBay:

"The Promoted Listings Standard fee is additional to other eBay listing and selling fees. Your local VAT rate may also be added to your ad fee. All fees appear in your Payments tab or on your monthly eBay invoice."

So, it is in addition to any other eBay fees and subject to VAT. So, if you're not VAT registered 11% is really 13.2% of what the buyer paid.

Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
Message 2 of 3
See Most Recent

Promoted fees

Hi, Not sure why you think the usual fee is 11% because it's been 12.8% for a long time. only now there's an extra 0.42% taking it to over 13%: However I do find that unless I agree to promotional rates as well, my listings do not get seen.  Those promo rates are always plus Vat (being a private seller I cannot claim that back).

My point is I recently sold an item for £35.50 which fees were £9.38 leaving me with £26.12 before paying postage. That's a whopping 26.42%. It might help if fees are shown by Ebay when someone makes an offer to help you decide if it's worth accepting. If I had added those fees to the price I would have no buyers at all.

Message 3 of 3
See Most Recent
Got selling related questions? Start here: