Postcode interpreted as country name

My listing bears the words

"Delivery: Estimated between Fri. 8 Mar and Thu. 21 Mar to "

But the "" is not the name of a country - it is my British postcode, which you may call a zip code. As such it is the start, not the end, of the parcel's journey. What am I doing wrong?

Message 1 of 6
See Most Recent
5 REPLIES 5

*vyolla*
Experienced Mentor

When a buyer views a listing it shows an estimated delivery date to their area.

You're looking at your listing so it's picking up your post code. 

Message 2 of 6
See Most Recent

Can I ask why your listing is in euros?

Message 3 of 6
See Most Recent

The prompt responses were much appreciated. My post has been edited, which leaves me seeming a bit incoherent. I should have mentioned that I am signed up with the German site. After writing my first post I pursued my researches by using a computer in a public library, ten miles away. I called up ebay.de, entered the search string

"Karte des Schienenpersonen-Verkehrsnetzes Großbritannien"

and clicked on the sole search result. This displayed

"Lieferung: Lieferung zwischen Fr, 8. Mär und Do, 21. Mär nach <postcode> bei heutigem Zahlungseingang"

and the postcode was indeed different. Thanks to *vyolla*'s explanation I now understand why

Message 4 of 6
See Most Recent

'' ... I am signed up with the German site ...''     << ??

Currently showing as UK registered and UK site Defaults will apply ... may cause problems with differing Import/Export VAT rates and receiving payments in EU site Germany if using a UK account to sell ?.

Message 5 of 6
See Most Recent

rjwilmsi
Conversationalist

If not signed in, the eBay site uses browser geolocation (based on IP address) to guess your postcode and show you postage based on that.

In a private window it tells me a postage estimate for postcode EC4R 0AN (near Monument station in central London), I'm nowhere near but perhaps my internet service provider has some networking kit there.

Message 6 of 6
See Most Recent
Got selling related questions? Start here: