PBI reported the following about our hub's delivery to the buyer: License plate is voided.

What on earth does this mean? Bizarrely, someone  from the USA bought one of my £10 torches from the UK and is wondering why its taking longer than 2 days to arrive lol. This has flashed up on my global shipping program updates tho. What does this mean?

Message 1 of 7
See Most Recent
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

PBI reported the following about our hub's delivery to the buyer: License plate is voided.

The GSP updates are now so unnecessarily complicated and confuse the buyers. The last item I sent to the US had 48 updates from posting to delivery.

I have also received a message from a buyer this week saying 'where is my parcel?' as the update 'Package not received by Hub or First Mile Carrier yet' is confusing them and they are asking why it says this.

The parcels do arrive eventually but it is not helpful to add all this information.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
See Most Recent
6 REPLIES 6

The GSP updates are now so unnecessarily complicated and confuse the buyers. The last item I sent to the US had 48 updates from posting to delivery.

I have also received a message from a buyer this week saying 'where is my parcel?' as the update 'Package not received by Hub or First Mile Carrier yet' is confusing them and they are asking why it says this.

The parcels do arrive eventually but it is not helpful to add all this information.

Message 2 of 7
See Most Recent

Thanks that's kinda what I thought. I don't even know why the buyer decided to pay for this torch u can probably buy for half the price in a best buy or something but i digress.

Message 3 of 7
See Most Recent

Licence plate is Pitney Bowes fancy name for the tracking number.

I don't think it's anything to worry about as long as your parcel keeps moving.

Message 4 of 7
See Most Recent

"Licence plate is PB's fancy name for the tracking number."

I sometimes wonder about the mentality of these people who invent a new term for something perfectly described and understood already.  Do they do it just to confuse??

Perhaps this latest bit of stupidity was from the same idiot who thought it was a good idea to replace "Small parcel" with "Hand luggage sized parcel"

(I haven't been on a plane for 30 years and have no idea about current hand luggage sizes)

If I was their manager, I'd give them an hours detention and tell them not to be so childish.

Message 5 of 7
See Most Recent

This never turned up tbh. Something wasnt right with it all. He ordered from Florida and somehow was charged £12 in total so somehow he paid for next to no shipping

Message 6 of 7
See Most Recent

I hope you contacted CS to let them know so you kept your money and the buyer was refunded by Ebay.

Message 7 of 7
See Most Recent
Got selling related questions? Start here: