New seller here - Monthly allowance confusion

Hi all, 

I made use of the 80% discount on variable selling fees and published 10 listings, which is the maximum for this month of Feb 2024. On my ebay selling dashboard, it says a monthly allowance of up to 10 listings or £650 selling limit. I've already sold 2 listings totalling £320 and have 8 listings live. The selling limit now shows £1.21 remaining of £650. 

I thought once I hit the 10 listing limit, that the selling limit of £650 would be disabled. Is this correct?

If the 8 live listings (a mixture of auction bidding and buy it now) reaches £3,000 in total, what happens? 

Message 1 of 5
See Most Recent
4 REPLIES 4

I always though which was reached first applies.

Might be a good idea to speak to someone at eBay, they will be able to help.  Ask if your buying limit can be raised, which would solve the problem.

Message 2 of 5
See Most Recent

rjwilmsi
Conversationalist

If the limit is 10 items or £650 then I'd assume it's whichever of those is reached first. Sounds like you have sold and currently listed just less than £650, so you are at your current limit. You could contact eBay to ask for a limit increase - if you haven't completed the sales and had positive feedback then eBay may say no, but no harm in asking politely.

Message 3 of 5
See Most Recent

If your sales total exceeds your limit of £650 this month then next months limit is reduced by the amount over.

As stated before you can ask for an increase though your selling account is usually evaluated after 45 days then monthly.

Message 4 of 5
See Most Recent

One of my private accounts has a restriction of 10 items on it - no idea why and it's been like that for 10 years. Will have to start selling all my band t shirts I own as getting nearer to a certain age.

I know age is just a number 

“What we’ve got here is failure to communicate.”
Message 5 of 5
See Most Recent
Got selling related questions? Start here: