MAJOR eBay site bug - item selling for the starting bid price, not buy-it-now price

itbits08
Conversationalist

2 listings from the same seller each with zero bids, a start price of £6 and buy-it-now of £14....added both to basket and clicked 'request total' for a combined postage invoice....items show in basket and purchase history as £6 + P&P each, not £14 + P&P each!

Crazy that eBay haven't tested their code properly. I wonder how many sellers have lost out through not noticing this bug?

Message 1 of 22
See Most Recent
21 REPLIES 21

MAJOR eBay site bug - item selling for the starting bid price, not buy-it-now price

katie@ebay I'm just wondering if eBay have fixed this yet - on 20 December I sent you example item numbers you requested above that had the problem. Hope this resolves the 'pushback' you were getting from your colleagues. Please confirm whether eBay have now resolved this issue - thanks

Message 21 of 22
See Most Recent

katie@ebay
Employee (Retired)

Hi all,

I have received an update today in relation to this issue. They have noted that the issue is now resolved and will not happen moving forward.

The issue will not be fixed for past transactions, and have asked me to mention that these orders will need to be cancelled if needed by sellers.

Moving forward, there should be no new instances of this happening on the site. 

Thank you for your patience while the team got this resolved.

Many thanks,

Katie 

Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.
eBay
Message 22 of 22
See Most Recent
Got selling related questions? Start here: