Listing disappeared

I have been selling and buying for many years. Today completed a listing for a vintage toy and wanted to review it. Its just disappeared with no trace of it anywhere. Why would that happen?

Message 1 of 7
See Most Recent
6 REPLIES 6

Listing disappeared

You've been selling for many years but you've had a big break from selling and there's been some very big changes on eBay.  PayPal no longer receive payouts from sales,  eBay Manage Payments now.

You may be prevented from listing an item, because you have not fully or correctly registered with eBay's Managed Payments.

You need to provide eBay with details of a bank account and have this account verified.  The usual method here, is for eBay to send 2 micro deposits into that nominated bank account for you to receive,  and confirm to eBay.

Once this is completed,  you will be able to list items for sale,  and receive payouts from those sales.

This will show you how to register for eBay's Managed Payments.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/help/selling/getting-paid/introducing-managed-payments-ebay?id=4795

If there is an issue with the registration contact eBay Customer Services,  who have full access to your account,  and can see where the issue lies and explain the steps you now need to take.

Contact them this way.

Scroll to the very bottom of the page on the link below you will be able to access eBay Customer Services  through the Contact Us link.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/buying/search-tips/advanced-search?id=4049&query=1455&st=GENERAL_SEARCH

Lines open between 8 a.m. and 10p.m. on weekdays,  and between 9.am. and 6 p.m. on weekends.

Message 2 of 7
See Most Recent

Listing disappeared

Hi aerochago, thanks for your post.

I can see you have 4 active listings at the moment, I saw that here. Is any of those items the item you were initially missing, or is the item in question still missing?

Thank you,

Marco

Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.
eBay
Message 3 of 7
See Most Recent

Listing disappeared

Marco,

Yes it is the green Vauxhall Velox listing. I went to review it and it
just disappeared, only reappearing about 30 mins before it was listed. I
therefore was able to change the postal preferences. I am not sure about
Ebays preference for sellers to use the RM Tracked 48 system or how that
works. Should i ask about this as a new question?

Regards

Alan
Message 4 of 7
See Most Recent

Listing disappeared

Thanks for your suggestions, i am familiar with all the points you raised and thanks for the link to Ebay Customer Services.

Regards

Alan

Message 5 of 7
See Most Recent

Listing disappeared

Is it in drafts? If not it's likely lost.

Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
Message 6 of 7
See Most Recent

Listing disappeared

I have just noticed that one of my listings has completely disappeared.

I listed it on 10 December as a Buy It Now so it should have automatically renewed.

I've looked in my Sold, Ended and Unsold items - no trace of it anywhere on my account. 

I've done a general search for it on eBay and it neither appears in Active or Completed listings. 

This was the item tiltle:

Vintage Y Drop Pendant Necklace Banded Agate Polished Beads Silver Metal Chain

If for some reason eBay took down the listing, would I have been notified? 

Message 7 of 7
See Most Recent
Got selling related questions? Start here: