Left side of page with options for search has disappeared. A glitch or...?

On my main selling page, the left hand side has all the search options etc going down the page...completed listings, search within x amount of miles etc, etc. Next to it is gallery pics of my items and the price and time left. Today, the left side list has disappeared and a vertical white space is in its place. A nuisance and irritating to say the least. Is this a glitch or is there any way of getting it back. I don't know what has happend. Anyone else got the same? Anyone kow how I can get it back? Thank you.

Message 1 of 21
See Most Recent
20 REPLIES 20

A glitch, it was happening for me too earlier. 

No doubt we'll all be told to clear cookies and cache and to try another browser. They've fiddled around with something which has now caused that problem. 

Message 2 of 21
See Most Recent

Ditto ~ Fuxored for me, too.

Message 3 of 21
See Most Recent

The same thing has happened to me,

I first noticed about 10.00pm on the 18th of March, it's now 8.50 am on the 19th and it's still not back

it's most annoying .

Message 4 of 21
See Most Recent

plum993
Experienced Mentor

Same here,something marco@ebay  or dave@ebay  need to look into 

"The secret of getting ahead is making a start"
Message 5 of 21
See Most Recent

Same for me. I noticed it this morning so something happened overnight.

I don't know if it's another "improvement" or another sloppy code-release but it's frustrating - as a buyer I can't see a seller's sold/completed history so can't see if an item has been relisted (possibly several times) or perhaps sold, returned and relisted. Maybe eBay have decided to hide that information?

Don't know what others are using but I'm on Chrome/Lenovo laptop.

Message 6 of 21
See Most Recent

1) It happened yesterday afternoon. 

2) evidently it's a glitch because using the direct link to someone's sold items from a previous visit to that page still works. 

3) it doesn't matter what brand of computer you use or web browser, it's happening on eBay's server side so is nothing to do with your software/hardware. What's happened is like watching the news on TV and the studio are interviewing someone in another location but the person can't hear them. This would be down to them, not your TV. 

Message 7 of 21
See Most Recent

Mine have Disappeared too?...I wonder what ebay is up too?

Message 8 of 21
See Most Recent

Mine has just disappeared this morning, very annoying as now have to keep swapping pages and is slowing my listing down. Hope this is not another case of if it's not broke let's fix it.

Message 9 of 21
See Most Recent

Hi

I just talked Ebay about this to missing the shop categories if I check my shop outside if not log in and I checked other seller too. Same problem. Thats mean buyer can not look any categories :(. Ebay said they know and try fix it. 

Message 10 of 21
See Most Recent

Thanks for that, and to maintain your point-numbering:

1) I hadn't logged since early afternoon yesterday so didn't know when it first happened.

2) Probably, yes. According to a friend of mine you can still see sold/completed items for a saved seller on the App, so whatever this is it only appears to affect non-App users of the site.

3) I wish I had your confidence. I've lost count of the number of issues which have been reported in the past with particular browser/OS combinations - there were issues with Firefox not so long ago and there was an issue when using Safari on a Mac a few days ago - which is why I mentioned it. So whilst it may not matter it might, I'm not sure anyone knows for sure.

Message 11 of 21
See Most Recent

You Can't see the missing column on the App or a desktop Computer ?

Message 12 of 21
See Most Recent

Should all sellers (and buyers for wasted time)affected be compensated for ebay making searches even more dire?

Message 13 of 21
See Most Recent

Hello. Popping in from the US. Just wanted to let you guys know we are also seeing this issue on the US site, the Canada site and the Australia site. It's also happening on the app.

I expect this is a site error that will be a high priority fix for eBay - I can't believe the change is intentional.

Devon from the US Community team is looking into this to try and get more information. If anybody wants to follow along they can do so here:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Completed-sold-items-search-not-working/m-p/34355299#M2372428

In the meantime, if anybody wants to search a specific seller's listings, using Advanced Search and typing in the seller's ID will pull up the classic search page with filters. Hope that helps at least a few until this is fixed.

Message 14 of 21
See Most Recent

Hi all,

We are aware of this, and we are currently investigating to see what's happening. We've also alerted our IT team in case this is a technical issue. As soon as I find out more about this, I will post back here to let you know.

Thanks for tagging me here, plum993.

Thank you,

Marco

Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.
eBay
Message 15 of 21
See Most Recent

We've also alerted our IT team in case this is a technical issue.

? If its not a Tech Issue , then what is it?

Hack or deliberate by ebay?

If the later, could you please outlines its advantages for users please.

Message 16 of 21
See Most Recent

It is a tech issue @a45heaven, at least here in the US. We got an update from our Community team this morning.

Quoting Devon from the US team:

I did confirm that there is an issue impacting Store-branded search and is being worked on now.

Typically I would say US and UK site issues may be different, but this specific issue appears to be global, so I am guessing that all eBay sites are being worked on and will see fixes in close proximity to each other, if not all at the same time.

Message 17 of 21
See Most Recent

Hi all,

This has been confirmed as technical issue, and we are currently working on it to get it resolved. As advised before, I've reported the account reporting being impacted by this. Once we have further updates on this, I will post back here to keep you posted.

Thank you,

Marco

Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.
eBay
Message 18 of 21
See Most Recent

Reported the accounts being impacted by this?

Oh come on. It's an issue for everyone. A complete problem with the code and not account specific. 

By reporting accounts that have said they have this problem, the issue is being downplayed as only affecting a few people rather than it being a serious website glitch that affects the experience of eBay for everyone. It affects both buyers (who can't see what an item they are interested in typically goes for or see items the seller has sold), and affects sellers who can't see the going rate of certain items to decide what price to list it for. 

Message 19 of 21
See Most Recent

Workaround to viewing sellers sold items - advance link  - click sold/completed items box & add seller ID to show only items from...

Long winded though.

Hope it gets sorted soon.

Laptop, win 10, Friefox

Message 20 of 21
See Most Recent
Got selling related questions? Start here: