Kirkland Minoxidil

Been trying to list Kirkland Minoxidil but now not allowed as it's a prescription drug? *bleep*? Yet I see other brands of minoxidil still on sale. 

Has this happened to anyone else? Does anyone know why it seems that only Kirkland minoxidil is being targeted? 

I've been buying and selling Kirkland branded minoxidil on Ebay for years and not come across this issue until now.

Message 1 of 23
See Most Recent
22 REPLIES 22

Re: Kirkland Minoxidil

@iew-signed-books wrote:

Thank you for that definitive response. Sadly eBay doesn't enforce its own rules consistently - if at all.

The thing is it isn't just eBay policy; it's the law. It is illegal for anyone to sell medicines online to the public unless they are registered with the MHRA; this has been the case since 2015.

I know there was some confusion when online retailers registered in Great Britain were no longer required to display the EU Distance Selling logo in 2021 due to Brexit. However, this requirement only applied to an EU logo; the legal requirement to be MHRA registered remained.

Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
Message 21 of 23
See Most Recent

Thanks for that. Either eBay aren't aware of the law or they just don't care. As someone who takes a great deal of prescribed meds, it's important to know whom one can trust - and whom one can't.

Message 22 of 23
See Most Recent

Good Info.

Message 23 of 23
See Most Recent
Got selling related questions? Start here: