Is this usual?

I am a little confused as i very rarely get a return.

Sold an item and accepted an INAD   (i may be about to be scammed but thats another story)

So through the case i sent a Parcelforce label for the buyer to return it.    The Buyer has been really slow in opening a case etc.

Its the Parcel force tracking that has slightly confused me because they are using the word export.    Although sold to the Uk export to me is an odd terminology to use ? Also its the time.....our local Post Offices do not open untiul 9a.m.

May 01, 08:12 AM
Export item accepted into network.

Apr 19, 12:00 AM
Pre-Advice received by Parcelforce.

Message 1 of 12
See Most Recent
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Is this usual?

@1956glyn wrote:

Nope Motherwell Scotland.   😞

Maybe Nicola Sturgeon is back in charge now?

@1956glyn wrote:

What happens if it is being returned from outside the Uk.....will i be asked to pay customs or import fees ?     😞

If the buyer used some sort of redirection I'd imagine Parcelforce would hold them liable; if the customs form was completed correctly there shouldn't be any VAT or handling charges to pay as it is a returned item. This could still just be a screw-up by Parcelforce if - for example - the item has taken the long way back via Ireland.

Give me ambiguity or give me something else.

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 12
See Most Recent
11 REPLIES 11

Is this usual?

Item pre-advised" means the carrier was notified that the parcel is about to be there for shipping but it's not actually with the carrier yet

Again does anyone know if this is usual?

Message 2 of 12
See Most Recent

Is this usual?

Hi ,

Parcel force has a help page of their tracking meanings you might find useful.

https://www.parcelforce.com/help-and-advice/tracking/what-does-tracking-description-mean 

Message 3 of 12
See Most Recent

Is this usual?

I'm not sure it explains your "export item accepted into network" though.

Message 4 of 12
See Most Recent

Is this usual?

It does sound like whatever is on it's way to you originated from outside the UK; as far as I'm aware pre-advice relates to electronic customs data from the foreign carrier.

Did the delivery address have a JE, GY or IM postcode?

Message 5 of 12
See Most Recent

Is this usual?

Nope Motherwell Scotland.    Thats what i also thought in relation to your 1st paragraph.

It took the buyer 10 days after i asked them to to open a case and then ages to return it 😞

What happens if it is being returned from outside the Uk.....will i be asked to pay customs or import fees ?     The sale with postage was like £57

I guess if that happens then that is the time for me to contact Ebay CS 😞

Message 6 of 12
See Most Recent

Is this usual?

Just googled buyers address and just a normal home

Message 7 of 12
See Most Recent

Is this usual?

@1956glyn wrote:

Nope Motherwell Scotland.   😞

Maybe Nicola Sturgeon is back in charge now?

@1956glyn wrote:

What happens if it is being returned from outside the Uk.....will i be asked to pay customs or import fees ?     😞

If the buyer used some sort of redirection I'd imagine Parcelforce would hold them liable; if the customs form was completed correctly there shouldn't be any VAT or handling charges to pay as it is a returned item. This could still just be a screw-up by Parcelforce if - for example - the item has taken the long way back via Ireland.

Message 8 of 12
See Most Recent

Is this usual?

Thank you.   I will have to wait and see.   Many thanks for your help and Douglas too.

Message 9 of 12
See Most Recent

Is this usual?

it was a Parcelforce 48hr tracked label and looks like its on a slow boat from say China lol

May 02, 11:35 AM
On route to processing facility.

May 02, 03:12 AM

May 01, 07:09 PM

May 01, 08:12 AM
Export item accepted into network

Message 10 of 12
See Most Recent

Is this usual?

Out of interest did you ever get the parcel back?

Message 11 of 12
See Most Recent

Is this usual?

Hi

Yes i did BUT saying that the item had obviously been well used as it came back full of fluff and not clean.     So much for it not working.    I charged it up and it works absolutely fine.

Message 12 of 12
See Most Recent
Got selling related questions? Start here: