I have zero transaction fees

until the 22nd of April. I'm going to list some 'buy it now' items and wondered what this means?

"Eligible listings must sell during the promotion period or within the first listing period post promotion end date."

Message 1 of 9
See Most Recent
8 REPLIES 8

There has been a recent promotion, one of a kind,   that some Private sellers have received,   that is, there are no listing fees or seller fees charged once the promotion is activated and the items listed during the duration of the promotion.

Read the T & C's carefully to see if you,   and the items you wish to sell,   comply.

I aso notice that you haven't used your acccount for selling in a very long time,  and there have been some very big changes on eBay.

PyPal is no longer used for  the receiving of payouts from  sales,  eBay Manage Payments now.  This means you need to provide eBay with the bank account you wish to use to receive those payouts,  see here:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/help/selling/getting-paid/introducing-managed-payments-ebay?id=4795

Message 2 of 9
See Most Recent

If you list as a buy it now it just means you set the fixed price and wait for someone to buy it. Your zero transaction fees will apply for a month. After a month, the listing renews and you will pay full eBay fees once it sells. 

The alternative is listing as auctions. The zero transaction fees applies on the first auction run so 1, 3,  5, 7 or 10 days whichever duration you choose. If it goes unsold and sells once it re-lists as a fresh auction, you pay full fees. The only way round that is to cancel the auction the 2nd time round and create a new listing before 22nd April. 

Message 3 of 9
See Most Recent

Hi pal,

I found the wording a bit confusing 

• Eligible listings must sell during the promotion period or within the first listing period post promotion end date.

I've sold quite a few things fee free with this promotion recently........Am I right in saying if I end all my items for sale before 22nd April and relist immediately they'll still be fee free for the usual 30 day listings I normally do if they sell after the 22nd April? 

Cheers

Message 4 of 9
See Most Recent

There are several promotions running.

If you end your item and relist during the promotional period if it complies to the T & C's then if it sells during its first cycle of selling it will sell for the promotional offer for fees.  Promotions usually need to be activated and this then shows as active in your Promotional Offer section on your home page.

@nextdaydel 

Message 5 of 9
See Most Recent

The alternative is listing as auctions. The zero transaction fees applies on the first auction run so 1, 3, 5, 7 or 10 days whichever duration you choose.

Unless its very recently changed.....private sellers have to pay 30p to list if the auction listing is for less than 5 days.  

Message 6 of 9
See Most Recent

sorry typo 35p as its classed as a listing upgrade

Message 7 of 9
See Most Recent

Hi,

Basically...If I end my listings which are on the zero final value fee atm and relist them before the 22nd deadline will they still be  zero final value even if they sell after the 22nd?

Message 8 of 9
See Most Recent

Yes,  if you end items,  and relist them when the promotion is still running,  and it sells in its first cycle of listing,  then it will sell for that promotional offer for final value fees.

@nextdaydel 

Message 9 of 9
See Most Recent
Got selling related questions? Start here: