How long does 80% discount on variable seller fees apply to fixed price listings ?

I tend to only post listings on those weekends when eBay UK promotes the 80% off discount on variable selling fees. My question is, however, how does this work with fixed price listings which will automatically renew after a month?

Does the 80% discount carry over when the listing auto-renews? Does it actually last for all of it's first month of being active anyway? I haven't yet found chapter & verse on this subject to date, so any authoritative answer to my questions would be appreciated.

Message 1 of 10
See Most Recent
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

How long does 80% discount on variable seller fees apply to fixed price listings ?

Buy it Now items listed during the duration of the promotion and complying with all the T & C's , has to sell within it's first cycle of listing,  that is within 30 days to have the promotion applied.

Any items automatically renewing in that period will not be complaint to the promotion.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 10
See Most Recent
9 REPLIES 9

The discount lasts the whole month.  The items need to sell in that listing period.

Once they automatically renew, normal fees apply.

However, you can cancel the listings and then relist them when you get the offer again.

The terms and conditions are fairly clear:

What's it all about?

1. Get 80% off variable percentage final value fees ("FVF") per listing in final value fees if the item sells and pay no insertion fee.
  2. A fixed order level fee of 30p and other fees, including any International fees, still apply.
  3. Promotion is valid for up to 100 listings on eBay.
  4. Listings must start during the promotional period.
  5. Listings can be auction-style or fixed price format.
  6. The promotion start and end dates are included in the email we send to invited sellers.
  7. Items must sell within the first listing period.
"There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
Søren Kierkegaard, Danish philosopher (1813 - 1855)
Message 2 of 10
See Most Recent

Buy it Now items listed during the duration of the promotion and complying with all the T & C's , has to sell within it's first cycle of listing,  that is within 30 days to have the promotion applied.

Any items automatically renewing in that period will not be complaint to the promotion.

Message 3 of 10
See Most Recent

OK thanks everyone who replied, that's answered my query which can now be closed.

Regards

Message 4 of 10
See Most Recent

No it won't apply to an auto re-listed item. What I tend to do is list items with the discount and then (if they don't have watchers etc) end them at the next offer and immediately re-list for another period. 

Message 5 of 10
See Most Recent

Hi sorry to reopen this, what if it automatically relists during another 80 percent offer which I've activated?

Message 6 of 10
See Most Recent

Auto relists will not comply to the T & C's of a promotion.

Items have to be manually listed during the promotional period, and sell within their first cycle of listing to comply to the promotional fee offer.

@skabootsale 

Message 7 of 10
See Most Recent

Ok thanks for that I had a rather confusing discussion with a customer service rep which didn't clear it up this morning. I'll need to include that info in my listings from now on, that due to eBay policy I have to end my listings and relist every 30 days to qualify for special offers on fees .

Message 8 of 10
See Most Recent

What about if someone makes an offer or I make an offer to people on the watchlist during the first listing period. Do I still get the 80% discount or is it only on the buy it now, not make me an offer price?

Message 9 of 10
See Most Recent

@chandni_97 wrote:

What about if someone makes an offer or I make an offer to people on the watchlist during the first listing period. Do I still get the 80% discount or is it only on the buy it now, not make me an offer price?

You'll still get the discount.

Message 10 of 10
See Most Recent
Got selling related questions? Start here: