Going round the bend,rapidly.

Sold an item a couple of days ago. It was collected by the buyer and we are both happy. eBay keep telling me that I should be posting it off.  I have been trying in vain to mark it as a completed sale by clicking on item dispatched on the littel drop down menu.  Every time it refuses to accept my instruction.

How the devil do I let the system know that it has been collected etc?

Message 1 of 11
See Most Recent
10 REPLIES 10

This is how to finalise that transaction and it only has to be done now,  on the Seller Hub here:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sh/ovw

go to Orders >> Awaiting Postage / Print Postage label, and then click the box on the left of the item.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sh/ord/?filter=status:AWAITING_SHIPMENT

From the Postage tab above, use the drop down menu there, if the option to mark as collected is not there, then select Mark as Paid and Mark as Dispatched.

Dispatched is eBay's wording for a collected item.

If you are using the app or mobile browser,  switch if you can to a PC / laptop and use Chrome or Firefox they work best with eBay.

Message 2 of 11
See Most Recent

Good Afternoon TG

What a brilliant and helpful person you are as well as being the fountain of all knowledge. Thank you for your continued and repeated support. You are a veritable angel.  Thank you.  I will now give those links a whirl. 

I was tearing my honey blonde hair out until you came along.

Message 3 of 11
See Most Recent

I'm off running to hubby to tell him I'm an angel !

Thank you for that,  and I'm glad to be of help !

Have a great weekend .

Message 4 of 11
See Most Recent

Hi TG

Other men have seen angels but I have seen you.   Enough of this frivolity despite your continued best efforts I am stumped and on the point of giving up.

When the item was collected I accepted the cash and marked the sale as being paid for and a little blue tick appears on the details.

I tried the link you kindly provided without sucess. There are two messages in red,the first one says that inPost (whatever that is) is experiencing difficulties please refer back.  The second message reads that it looks like your buyer hasn't paid for your item yet. This is a nonsense as he has and I marked it as such within 30 minutes of him leaving the house.

I think that I am snookered and on the cusp of just saying bugger it. I have his money and he is delighted with his golf bag. It is just that eBay seem to feel that he hasn't paid despite me telling them that he has.

They certainly don't make life easy.  I am off to lie down in a dark room and think of TG.

Thanks anyway.

Message 5 of 11
See Most Recent

Blue ticks and the such seems to me you are using the app perhaps,  or mobile browser?  I don't use those as they are limited in the options and features I need.

They do throw up odd glitches,  and  even some simple options cannot be managed on those devices.

Mark as paid and Dipatched as described above on the Seller Hub,  but use if you can,  a PC/ laptop and try Chrome or Firefox,  they work best with eBay.

@dancewithadingo 

Message 6 of 11
See Most Recent

Hi TG

I am using my laptop and I'm on Chrome. Thanks for your continued support but I am nearing the end of my patience with eBay's system and close to giving up on this situation. 

I tried the link you supplied but no matter how many ways and times I tried to mark it as dispatched etc it just wouldn't have it.

Thank you anyway.

Message 7 of 11
See Most Recent

Nope,   I don't want to give up on you !

OK ,  you're on a laptop with Chrome,  and on the Seller Hub right ?  Might be worth clearing cache and cookies ?

Then,  find the item in your Orders >>  Awaiting postage / print postage label. Click on it,  top left click on View order details,  then from More Actions somewhere on the right on the next page, Mark as Paid and Mark as Dispatched.

Now, if all that fails,  you can contact eBay Customer Services explain it's some glitch you are experiencing can they please mark this item as paid and dispatched.

If you need them,  to Contact Customer Services, I find the quickest way to contact them, either for a Live Chat, or you can select to speak and request a Call Back, to click on this link:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/eua?id=5275&mkevt=1&mkpid

On weekdays lines open between 8 a.m. and 10 p.m.

On weekends they open between 9 a.m. and 6 p.m.

Message 8 of 11
See Most Recent

Hi TG

Despite your best valiant efforts I give up. I have tried clearing everything,including my throat, without sucess. Yes I was on the seller hub.

I am going to take the (hopefully) easy way out ie I will try and contact eBay over the next 24 hours and see if they can work any magic from their end.

I will report back. In the meantime thank you again for your support and dedication. Tell Mr TG to make the evening meal tonight. You deserve a bit of pampering. 

Message 9 of 11
See Most Recent

Ha ha,  yep he's a great cook  too,  might just pass that idea by him!

Such a strange one this,  but CS with access to your account which we mere ' mortals'  do not have here,  will solve the issue for you.

Message 10 of 11
See Most Recent

Hi TG

I have used the link that you kindly supplied and spoke to an absolutely brilliant and sympathetic person in eBay call Mac Coll. Like you she was a delight and helpful.

She said that the root of my problem lay with my buyer not coming armed with a code supplied by eBay which he should have passed onto me. Thus I encountered all of these problems and nearly finished up bald.

She is going to refer this 'up' and hopefully amend my account to show the item as being dispatched. She will be back in touch with me.

At a time when eBay,deservedly comes in for a lot of criticism ,McColl at Head Office has been a shining beacon ie friendly and professional. A super star. Thank you McColl and additionally thank you TG.  As always one of the first to come to the party.  Thank you.

George

Message 11 of 11
See Most Recent
Got selling related questions? Start here: