Global shipping

Hi there looking to see wether  or not it is worth while joining the global shipping program, are the fees high and are there many problems ? Many thanks 

Message 1 of 22
See Most Recent
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Global shipping

I think it might depend on vat rules in each country. I have paid very little extra on my GSP sales. I am amazed how much people will pay for shipping low value items.  I think it's good, but nothing has gone wrong so far.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 22
See Most Recent
21 REPLIES 21

Global shipping

I think it might depend on vat rules in each country. I have paid very little extra on my GSP sales. I am amazed how much people will pay for shipping low value items.  I think it's good, but nothing has gone wrong so far.

Message 2 of 22
See Most Recent

Global shipping

That's brilliant thank you so much for your help I have a lot of items that I think will do better globally , I was just unsure about returns too ?although I have no returns on my listings other than of items not as described but try my best to take as many pictures and descriptions as possible .I may give it a try to see how it works out  thanks again for your help

Message 3 of 22
See Most Recent

Global shipping

It works for me. About one in ten of my sales (collectables) goes through GSP. I would not bother selling overseas if GSP wasn't available. As it is it means overseas buyers can make their own mind up whether the cost is worth it.

I'm not sure what problems you perceive? The only one I know of is dealing with returns, where you are on your own. But that is no different to the situation if you do your own overseas shipping.

One piece of advice is to go through the list of countries you ship to, and delete a lot of them. Including Italy.

Message 4 of 22
See Most Recent

Global shipping

Hi thanks very much for your help wich countries would you recommend that you do not ship to from the uk if you don't mind me asking why?  Eg italy  and others thanks 😊 I have not experienced any problems as such as I only sell to uk so far but looking to expand just reaserching as I think some items might do better globally but unsure as to give it ago .

Message 5 of 22
See Most Recent

Global shipping

OK, but this is just the way I do it, others may disagree.

Firstly I don't ship overseas at all for low priced auctions. Too many non payments by overseas buyers who did not realise how much shipping was going to cost.

For Buy it Now and for higher priced auctions (say starting price above £50) I don't ship to South or Central America, Africa, Middle East, or Asia apart from Japan. For Europe, I only ship to the main countries. Italy has a reputation for stuff not reaching its destination, and even though with GSP you are covered agains claims of non delivery, I decided it was not worth the agro.

Message 6 of 22
See Most Recent

Global shipping

That is great thank you so much for your help I have found a lot on auction does not do to well even on uk sales this has been very helpful thank you so much. 

Message 7 of 22
See Most Recent

Global shipping

Why Italy?

Message 8 of 22
See Most Recent

Global shipping

I've never had any problems with Global Shipping. I think it's the best way to sell abroad. You just send the item to a UK address and they take it from there. If for some reason the package can't be sent EBay will automatically refund and the same if the item isn't received. You will get to keep your money. 

Message 9 of 22
See Most Recent

Global shipping

Hi Everybody, GSP is a perfect solution for globally expanding your business, unfortunately the immorality corner inhabitants soon found a weekness in the system, and figured our how to turn eBay into a "free for all" across borders, and more importantly "Get away withg it" and the real sad thging is as soon as the Ruling Class"at eBay is spooked by one of these Heists, their first knee jerk reaction is to sneak into your bank account and confescate your funds even though it is as clear as the nose on their face tht you "The seller" is the only party in this escapade who played his/her part perfectly, with dignity and 100% by the book, and your reward is to place your day to day business running finance under ICE, doesn't that smell of "guilty till proven inocent?" or "I am going to hurt you simply because I can?".  one of my US regular buyers bought an item in my store last week for around $800, item was delivered to GSH in Staffirdshire UK, tracking events are quite categoric that the shipping hub has had the parcel for days. yesterday, my buyer made one of those "where is my item enquiries" and guess what, an evil ghost crept into my bank in the dark and spirited my money away, which I can understand and even sympathise with in the knowledge that eBay is short on cash! and they are in desperate need to get $50m-$100m ready for the next top gun to quit the job for "FAILURE", and every time eBay grabs £100-£150 of each one of my sales, I really feel sorry for them, what do you think? love to hear from you. Good luck everyone. manny. Manchester UK

Message 10 of 22
See Most Recent

Global shipping

Their postal system is corrupt! Post offices do a lot more than just ship parcels, leading to confusion and error, resulting in lost parcels and letters. Their mail address system is also very prone to error with many addresses unable to be found. They are notorious for theft!

Message 11 of 22
See Most Recent

Global shipping

i have only experienced it once as a buyer and it was a problem  However, i see lots of positives in the responses here so i would actually look at some of the other threads regarding GSP and problems on this site to get an all round view and then make up your own mind.  There are plenty who hate it and those who love it.

Message 12 of 22
See Most Recent

Global shipping

The fee is 1.05-2% of the total but that total includes the very high shipping/tax fee that the buyer pays which sometimes eclipses the cost of the item itself.

Message 13 of 22
See Most Recent

Global shipping

thank you all for your feedback on this issue , I am still very  unsure about  wether or not this we be benefiting my business as there are a lot of positive and negative feedback on this issue  thank you all for your help

Message 14 of 22
See Most Recent

Global shipping

What is the best price to say out global shipping on for any sort of profit if you could help ?

Message 15 of 22
See Most Recent

Global shipping

Sorry but the charges for ebays global shipping program makes it impossible to buy on ebay anymore.I see articles i want to buy but am always stopped by forbidding shipping costs on ebay.Sellers should find another outlet if they want sell abroad.

Message 16 of 22
See Most Recent

Global shipping

Ebay GSP is a Pitney Bowes scam.  They are charging different rates for  sinilar and identical items.  This can range from #5 to #25 for the same item . They also  state ' estimate ' this is a scam and I doubt its legalitiy. They operate a portion of the postage and duty  for themselves  Of course they do. Its American run and as always corrupt as hell.   Anyone who pays for this scam for delivery is a fool.

Message 17 of 22
See Most Recent

Global shipping

It is in fact a scam for buyers. Pitney Bowes charge  wildly different rates  ipostage and iport for the same or  very similar items. sellers do not realise how mant sales they lose. I skip over any GSP items.

Message 18 of 22
See Most Recent

Global shipping

i am more concernd aboujt the fact these idiots had the never to turn that setting on when I opted out of global shipping on day one they have no right to do that one of my items could have sold abroad its a god damn joke

Message 19 of 22
See Most Recent

Global shipping

I had an email from ebay last night informing me that they had enroled me in this bollox. This despite the fact I had my filters on to exclude international sales long before GSP came to us and immeadiately opted out of it when it was introduced. However it seems ebay know better on how I want to run my seller account than I do. I have turned it off AGAIN!!!  But knowing ebay, if a sale does come through because of this, a cancellation will be carried out with a terse statement to the buyer. Ebay will of course still get their 30p admin fee though.

If GSP is that great people would be opting in in their droves, rather than having it forced on them.

Message 20 of 22
See Most Recent
Got selling related questions? Start here: