Funniest negative feedback left for me

Left me a negative, buyer said 'I ordered 5 and received 5, but disapponted because wrapping said 6', I contacted eBay and they kindly removed. You do get some 'interesting' buyers on eBay:-)

Message 1 of 8
See Most Recent
7 REPLIES 7

Strange i had a similar feedback i am having a terrible time getting removed .

It read "order refunded this the second time ive been let down", my argument that was the one and only order in 18 yearrs from that buyer  so therfore a lie, Ebay response 3 times now they cant remove it. The saga continues.

Message 2 of 8
See Most Recent

I'd read that as "the second time I've been let down by Ebay sellers", so it should be removed because it isn't relevant to this transaction, even if it's true.

Message 3 of 8
See Most Recent

Probably the second time the buyer had been let down by eBay sellers, but only the first from Moldosgifts so a pretty unfair feedback, it sounds like buyer frustration and then a matter of luck, or lack of it as to which eBay agent deals with your request to remove it. In my experience requests to remove unjust feedback are always best dealt with by talking to an agent, not by messaging or chats, although I do have 2 unjust negs on my account during the last year, one because bottles of paint are now individually sealed to prevent leaks and buyer complained they take longer to open and another where I really couldn't get the buyer to understand how to use a simple peel off sticker. Hey Ho, comes with the territory.

Message 4 of 8
See Most Recent

It can be frustrating and as you say, you do get them on eBay. 

I had a neutral not long back because the jumper someone purchased was a bit small for them. This was from a man who had purchased a women's jumper for himself and didn't check the measurements. It was clearly listed as women's and is a women's only label. Probably they thought it was men's for some reason. Womens jumpers are smaller than men's in measurements. 

Then the recent negative eBay refused to remove where their parcel was damaged in transit by the courier and so they were refunded and sent a free t-shirt as a goodwill gesture. Their feedback came out with some convoluted fictional story. I mentioned to them it could have been damaged for a number of reasons including rain damage, stolen, packaging snagged on something and so on. They integrated one of these possible reasons into it's own story about how I'd claimed their parcel was dumped in the street by the courier in the rain, doubts on whether it was even sent because we got it out quickly due to them ordering an hour before the drop and accused of asking them to take a bribe. 

Previously there were 1 or 2 other neutrals/negative that eBay did remove. A negative with someone saying "very happy" and once from an absolute pain in the backside who weren't in when delivery was attempted and they didn't respond to the card put through their door. They then made claims they were in and the courier never arrived. The courier had actually taken photos of their front door during the delivery attempts and when this was shown to the buyer, they admitted they were working away from home but left negative feedback saying that we'd used Evri who are *****.

Message 5 of 8
See Most Recent

The system is basically unjust.

In a way I understand why we can't leave buyers bad feedback, as sellers would leave bad for bad as a tit for tat, but it would at least help if we could at least respond to bad feed back with a polite explanation and not give them a postive while doing so, that way it would leave no score at all, especially when it is not deserved.

For years I've thought it unfair when we have to give bad buyers a positive when leaving feedback.

Message 6 of 8
See Most Recent

As you say women's garment measurements differ from men's, but also in shape because women's tops e.g. jumpers, are designed to allow for women's breasts.

So even if the rest happened to fit a man, the front of the garment would hang oddly and hang further down.

Also, spoken from experience of making garments (as a hobby) the sleeve width proportions differ between men and women, particularly the upper arm.

Message 7 of 8
See Most Recent

@moldosgifts 

Not sure this will help, but have a read of this: Feedback misuse policy | Ebay 

I would go back to CS, usual rules early morning to try and get Dublin. Key bits I think you have in your favour is that feedback shouldn't express opinions on any social issues, which if let down for the second time is an opinion, and also generally the mention of refund indicates an investigation which is also not allowed. Just cite whoever you speak to and point them in the direction of their own policy.

However I would say that sometimes they will remove the comment but leave the defect on the account.

My business was a finalist in the ebay business awards 2023.
Message 8 of 8
See Most Recent