Ebay Refusing to pay your money

How many people here have had their money " withheld" with the Ebay scam !!

They accepted my buyers payment, took their commision plus advertising fee and then decided to put a restriction on my account.

Now they are asking for proof of delivery for all my past sales when I use Royal Mail untracked before they will lift the restrictions. Thats something they know I can't supply.

"Ebay you are distroying any respect you had" enjoy your money!

We need to get together to bring them to justice and make them accountable for their actions

please put your case below so we can bring this to their attention because im sick of speaking to the junior clerk thats told what to say

Message 1 of 40
See Most Recent
39 REPLIES 39

redwick1
Experienced Mentor

I am sorry but this is not the thread to put on any discussion or petition

MAny have tried to change things on ebay and failed because most things are covered in the Ebay agreement we all sign when we join. Many have tried to take action against ebay for various reasons but non that I know off have succeeded.

If your items are a small packet then there will be a code on theRM receipt that you get when you post

If you buy through ebay Packlink then any tracking will be already on the items

Did you sign up for the ebay managed payments.

They do ask for confirmation sometimes but you just have to provide it.

When you contact them you are right that you just get someone in CS reading from pages.

Nothing you can do about that

We are just ordinary members trying to help.
Message 2 of 40
See Most Recent

plum993
Experienced Mentor

Your feedback suggests ebay were actually right in restricting your account as a business seller.

See here,Seller standards policy | eBay

"The secret of getting ahead is making a start"
Message 3 of 40
See Most Recent

red_magpie
Experienced Mentor

The user agreement enables eBay to restrict accounts, withhold payments and require proofs. We are just other users like yourself and can seldom help with account matters.

Message 4 of 40
See Most Recent

@red_magpie wrote:

The user agreement enables eBay to restrict accounts, withhold payments and require proofs. We are just other users like yourself and can seldom help with account matters.

And this is why I never recommend anyone send out their items before eBay have confirmed that the money will be going into the sellers' bank account - for the reasons stated in this thread!

eBay cannot keep the sellers' money forever - it is not eBay's money - if they do it's called theft!

My advice is to keep an eye on things and see what happens. If eBay don't pay out in a reasonable time (certainly longer than 3 months) I'd be instigating court action for the money owed (and court charges).

Message 5 of 40
See Most Recent

Anonymous
Not applicable

yes robbed me of the £5.21 i made on my last sale via pack link 

i no longer sell on e bay just keep it for buying.

Message 6 of 40
See Most Recent

@plum993 wrote:

Your feedback suggests ebay were actually right in restricting your account as a business seller.

I absolutely agree.

Curious to see an OP who apparently fails to fulfil a £1700+ order talking about a "scam".

Message 7 of 40
See Most Recent

*vyolla*
Experienced Mentor

Your feedback percentage is really poor, it's likely that this is something to do with seller performance standards, I think that's why eBay have flagged your account up for investigation.

I'd check your seller dashboard, there's a link here on this eBay guidance page:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/selling/selling/monitoring-improving-seller-performance?id=4785&st=3&pos...

Message 8 of 40
See Most Recent

@237ben wrote:

@plum993 wrote:

I absolutely agree.

Curious to see an OP who apparently fails to fulfil a £1700+ order talking about a "scam".

Well, they technically fulfilled some of the order, as the feedback talks about receiving 25 square meters instead of 30 sq meters. So the buyer would have needed a refund for the missing 5 sq meters, or an additional 5 sq meters being sent out. Seems very expensive for floor tiles but maybe I don't know the value of terracota. 

2 negatives over just 12 sales is not inspring feedback though and I'd be very surprised if the seller didn't go to "below standard" with that.

Message 9 of 40
See Most Recent

Quite right.  Ebay CANNOT just hang onto your money forever for no reason .  They have been taken to court (and possibly the Financial Ombudsman Service) and been told to pay up. 

Message 10 of 40
See Most Recent

@theelench wrote:

Quite right.  Ebay CANNOT just hang onto your money forever for no reason .  They have been taken to court (and possibly the Financial Ombudsman Service) and been told to pay up. 

Also note that if someone goes to court and the defendant doesn't pay up when told, then you can take the case even further to ensure that you get your money back. See "The Sheriffs Are Coming" and "Can't Pay? We'll Take It Away!" as examples of what can happen if someone doesn't pay what they owe at court.

Message 11 of 40
See Most Recent

It is hardly an eBay scam. You need to send everything tracked or signed. Even lousy old Amazon demand that (though it isn't always enforced). Moreover your feedback is appalling.

Message 12 of 40
See Most Recent

I am not aware that sheriffs operate in the UK - apart from The Sheriff of Nottingham, that is.

Message 13 of 40
See Most Recent

@iew-signed-books wrote:

It is hardly an eBay scam. You need to send everything tracked or signed. Even lousy old Amazon demand that (though it isn't always enforced). Moreover your feedback is appalling.

Not necessarily. I have bought countless items on eBay where the sender has only used standard 2nd class (or 1st class) post. 

There are also various low value items that can fit the Large Letter service, whereby going "signed for"  would make the entire transaction not worth it, as Royal Mail charge about £1.20-£1.50 more for a signature.

Some people are also not aware of tracked services (e.g. Tracked 48) or alternatives to Royal Mail. 

Besides, most people aren't asked all of a sudden to produce tracking numbers for everything they've sold. Depending on how far back you go, tracking numbers might not be available anymore or show the correct information.

Message 14 of 40
See Most Recent

@iew-signed-books wrote:

I am not aware that sheriffs operate in the UK - apart from The Sheriff of Nottingham, that is.

They may not necessarily be called sheriffs - the matter of the fact is that a successful Court outcome followed by continued non-payment from the Defendant can result in enforcement agents making a visit and demanding either the money, or assets to cover the money. I assume eBay has plenty in both categories.

Message 15 of 40
See Most Recent

@iew-signed-books wrote:

Nottingham does indeed have an official sheriff. Mind you, it also has an official Robin Hood. 😄

Message 16 of 40
See Most Recent

Scotland does 🙂

Sheriff officers are officers of the court in Scotland. They are employed by private firms or are self-employed and take instructions to enforce court orders

Message 17 of 40
See Most Recent

@livingterracotta wrote:

Now they are asking for proof of delivery for all my past sales when I use Royal Mail untracked before they will lift the restrictions. Thats something they know I can't supply.

If you had asked for a proof of posting at the time of sending, that would have been a start but even that is not proof of delivery.

It's wrong of ebay though to expect everyone to send tracked parcels or via courier

What is the reason for asking for proof of delivery for past sales and how far back are they expecting you to prove? Is it all sales or just particular ones?

Clearly someone has made some kind of complaint for this to have kicked in

*If you want to make enemies, try to change something - Woodrow Wilson
*It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change - Charles Darwin
Message 18 of 40
See Most Recent

But if you cannot prove that the item has ben delivered and the buyer, for whatever reason (genuine or fraudulent), claims that they haven't received the order and they file a claim, whose side will eBay take?

Message 19 of 40
See Most Recent

@iew-signed-books wrote:

But if you cannot prove that the item has ben delivered and the buyer, for whatever reason (genuine or fraudulent), claims that they haven't received the order and they file a claim, whose side will eBay take?

That's IF the buyer of the item claims non-delivery.

Just because someone sends an item untracked, doesn't mean to say it never arrives/never arrived to the buyer.

Royal Mail 1st/2nd class has a 2D barcode which normally states "delivery recorded" when the postie scans it for delivery. That's enough to win an INR - if the postie isn't lazy, and actually scans the parcel.

Buyers are only likely to claim INR if they don't actually receive their item (in which case the seller refunds the buyer, then claims non-delivery off the courier) or if the item is delivered in a peculiar location (tracking will still show delivery though, meaning the seller wins).

Fradulent claims can always be dealt with via other means that are more appropriate, i.e. direct to the buyer and via formal letters to the address on file.

Message 20 of 40
See Most Recent
Got selling related questions? Start here: