Discontinued seller fees

Hi all have they got rid of the 80% off seller fees? Me and parents page haven't received it.  If any help would be much appreciated. 

Message 1 of 10
See Most Recent
9 REPLIES 9

Discontinued seller fees

I didn't get the offer on my selling account today. I was expecting it as I last had it 2 weeks ago. Some other posts about this are saying that Ebay don't usually give sellers an offer the last week in December because there are so many listings on the site of unwanted Christmas presents etc. I will list anyway as I don't think you can rely on the offer in the long term and I have stuff to get rid of!

Message 2 of 10
See Most Recent

Discontinued seller fees

Many are asking this today, but only one thing is certain, these promotions are not given out regularly to members, they are sent out completely randomly, so today was not a 100% cert that one would be offered.

Yes,  there are criteria,  your account must be Above Standard , and whilst not 'written' anywhere I believe that regular selling helps,  that is if you have a little break from selling and return this breaks the cycle and eBay wait for an infrequent seller to have a more steady selling form.  As said that's just my little tuppence worth.  

No one knows who, why and when eBay send these out, only that it is not a given,  just a bonus to the lucky ones.

Message 3 of 10
See Most Recent

Discontinued seller fees

Yes, they have done away with it for the time being. Too many people illegally selling items they've purchased to make profit on private accounts with no returns accepted (breaching distant selling regulations). 

Anyone who is trading this way, it's probably wise to change your account to a business account as potential action after doing nothing could make it much worse. 

Message 4 of 10
See Most Recent

Discontinued seller fees

As much as I'd love them to act and close down accounts on the incorrect status or force them to change, what potential action could eBay do? If they took a handful to court they'd lose so many private sellers who would just worry they were next even though they are not breaking any laws, and trading standards arent really doing much either. They could force eBay to act upon reports, it would be easy but they dont care much either.

Worst case is your eBay account is closed but after sending a comprehensive list to eBays senior complaint team (not the actual name) they came back that even though one account had sold over 2000 pairs of trainers all brand new different sizes they couldnt confirm it was a business so allowed it to carry on trading.

I say/ask this as somebody who is correctly registered and constantly brings up this issue due to inactivity from eBay.

Message 5 of 10
See Most Recent

Discontinued seller fees

Why do you think that when there is always a time out in December? 

Have you been given this information by eBay?

I'd bet good money it will be back in two weeks, if not one!

Message 6 of 10
See Most Recent

Discontinued seller fees

Have to disagree with you, they are given out regularly to some and are not random.  I get them every two weeks (apart from last christmas and easter), regular as clockwork and from what others say it happens to them as well.   I list regardless though, nice to have them but i would be listing anyway, just a bonus.

Message 7 of 10
See Most Recent

Discontinued seller fees

It was more a sort of tongue in cheek comment towards those, including the OP trading as a business on a private account. 

Of course the promo will be back for them. eBay like supporting businesses on private accounts after all. I remember ages ago reading here about someone who won one of eBay's business awards last year. Apparently on the awards page they spoke about building their business up from selling in their bedroom to moving to a unit. The business was trading on a private account 😂

Message 8 of 10
See Most Recent

Discontinued seller fees

@btr.style wrote:

It was more a sort of tongue in cheek comment towards those, including the OP trading as a business on a private account. 

Of course the promo will be back for them. eBay like supporting businesses on private accounts after all. I ages ago reading here about someone who won one of eBay's business awards last year. Apparently on the awards page they spoke about building their business up from selling in their bedroom to moving to a unit. The business was trading on a private account 😂

Classic! 😂😂😂😂🤣🤣🤣

Truth hurts. Maybe not as much as jumping on a bicycle with a seat missing, but it hurts.

You may think you have pushed ALL my buttons, but you still haven't found the mute!
Message 9 of 10
See Most Recent

Discontinued seller fees

@luxclobber wrote:

Hi all have they got rid of the 80% off seller fees? Me and parents page haven't received it.  If any help would be much appreciated. 

Nope! Tune back in again in January 2024.

Truth hurts. Maybe not as much as jumping on a bicycle with a seat missing, but it hurts.

You may think you have pushed ALL my buttons, but you still haven't found the mute!
Message 10 of 10
See Most Recent