Customer never read my description properly and has left me neutral feedback

I've been an eBay buyer for over 15 years and have been selling items for a few months. So far I have over 100 sales and have a 100% rating, which naturally is very important to me.

However, a customer recently bought an item from me. I mentioned quite clearly in my description that an item was missing. In fact, the item was never included by the manufacturer in the first place.

The buyer has left me neutral feedback saying that I never mentioned that this item wasn't included. I have re-checked my description in case I was mistaken, and I did mention it. 

I have responded to the buyer and cut and pasted that part of my description for him, where it quite categorically states that it wasn't included. I have asked eBay and the buyer to revise the feedback, and I am waiting for his response now.

If he does not revise it, can I have the feedback removed by eBay?

Obviously, neutral feedback is not as bad as negative, but even so. If I was at fault, I would hold my hands up and admit it, but because he hasn't read my description properly, I have been accused of not saying something that I did clearly say. That's his mistake, not mine. To say the least, I am a bit miffed. 

Thanks in advance for any help/advice.

Message 1 of 9
See Most Recent
8 REPLIES 8

Hi

I agree the feedback is a little harsh 😞  I do know that a little while back those members using the App didnt get all the sellers description.   I never use the App so do not know if this is still the case.

I take it you have sent the buyer a feedback revision request?   

I know its disheartening to receive a neutral but saying that it would not put me off buying from you and your response explains the situation.

You could try and contact Ebay CS (i would leave it till Monday morning when you are far more likely to get Dublin) and explain that the neutral is unfair and should be removed......because the buyer was expecting something NOT included in the listing.  You even said on the listing that the item in question was NOT included.     Ebay may or may not remove it (but personally i think they should).  They may just say its "only a neutral and does not really affect your account".

Message 2 of 9
See Most Recent

Type in 'Seller Help'  in the Help and Contact on the top bar. Click blue button and go to request to remove feedback. Leave a detailed explanation of why it is unfair and copy the description.

It still might not get removed but this is what CS will tell you to do if you call them.

Message 3 of 9
See Most Recent

rjwilmsi
Conversationalist

Submit a feedback removal request to eBay via the online form. They may or may not remove it. If the won't, then just let it be, a neutral feedback doesn't really matter.

Personally I wouldn't chase the buyer about it or request feedback revision. If the buyer wasn't bright enough to read description properly before or after purchase, then they likely won't be bright enough to do so now.

You have to accept that selling on eBay, as with many parts of life, involves dealing with some idiots.

Message 4 of 9
See Most Recent

" I have asked eBay and the buyer to revise the feedback"

lorraineash2012 have you submitted the appropriate form to Ebay as well as a feedback revision request to the buyer?
Message 5 of 9
See Most Recent

Personally I'd advise you to take the advice that has already been given with regards to filling in the online form requesting that the neutral feedback is removed, but if you haven't already done so by the time you read this reply make sure that you add the buyer's User ID to your Blocked Bidders List so that he/she cannot purchase anything else from you again and cause you any further aggravation.   If you also go back to your Seller Preferences and ensure that the box next to the sentence that says "Don't Allow Blocked Buyers To Contact Me" is ticked, then this will ensure that the buyer you've just blocked will be unable to contact you.  The best part about this option is that once you have activated it anybody who is on your Blocked Bidders List, whether they have just been added or have been on the Blocked Bidders List for a long time, will be unable to contact you once this option is activated.

Message 6 of 9
See Most Recent

*vyolla*
Experienced Mentor

I'm guessing that something worked in your favour there because the feedback has now disappeared. 

Message 7 of 9
See Most Recent

Hi lorraineash2012, thanks for your post.

I can see that the neutral feedback is gone from your account, so no further actions are needed here from our end. If you need anything else, please feel free to let me know and I will be happy to help.

Thank you,

Marco

Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.
eBay
Message 8 of 9
See Most Recent

Hi Marco,can you also remove the negative from my account as I had no prior contact from the buyer.

Message 9 of 9
See Most Recent
Got selling related questions? Start here: