Chair sold

Didn't know anyone had bought chair till just received email but I also didn't realise I had left postage option on but I would not mind posting but I only listed £8 .40 as postage surely the buyer would realise that wrong now payment on hold despite me not knowing I had buyer N I'll need that money to send item. Surely the buyer knew I had not seen message after me not replying.what will I do 

Message 1 of 6
See Most Recent
5 REPLIES 5

Chair sold

*vyolla*
Experienced Mentor

It's really not down to a buyer to assume that you've put the wrong postage price on your listing, many sellers will send for less than the actual cost and factor that into their price, so buyers won't think to question it.

If the postage price you set on your listing isn't enough then it's not possible to ask the buyer for more to cover the extra cost.

Your only options here would be to pay the extra yourself, or to contact your buyer and explain that you made an error and ask if they'll agree to cancel the order.

Message 2 of 6
See Most Recent

Chair sold

Do you mean that the buyer has opened a case sttating that they have not received the item?

If they have opened a case, then your funds will be on hold.

"There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
Søren Kierkegaard, Danish philosopher (1813 - 1855)
Message 3 of 6
See Most Recent

Chair sold

"Surely the buyer knew I had not seen message after me not replying" More likely, a buyer would assume you'd seen the message but hadn't replied. Though if you'd set the 'holiday' setting a buyer would probably allow for a delayed reply.

Assuming you're posting under your seller ID, which shows a feedback of 8, it looks like this situation could be down to eBay inexperience. Maybe tread extra carefully using, say, good communication with the buyer (including an apology if you'd delayed replying to them, even if you felt it wasn't your fault), as if poss you don't want to elicit a negative feedback.

With a feedback score of only 8, a negative feedback WILL be read by potential new buyers as, with only 8 they WILL look up your profile. Do you think they'd give you the benefit of the doubt and buy from you anyway, or would they decide not to risk it as there are other sellers?

Buyers are entitled to expect that postage costs have been factored in and that the amount of postage stated is what they'll pay, whether or not it reflects the true cost. You wouldn't like it if the situation was reversed and you were the buyer.

Message 4 of 6
See Most Recent

Chair sold

Good Morning Kem

A tricky situation that you find yourself in. My advice is contact the buyer imediately and explain the situation ie your mistake in including the indication that you will post the chair and that you should have listed it as collection only.  Apologise,tell them that you are new to eBay and selling  and ask him/her what they would like to do. Hopefully they will be sympathetic and agree to a cancellation.

The only way of getting the chair to your buyer,if they are not willing to collect,is by courier which would probably cost half the sale price ie at least £30.00.

Good luck

Message 5 of 6
See Most Recent

Chair sold

Morning again Kelly

I have just had a look at your two current listings. You will need to delete the picture on the phone sale and use a new ones. The reason being is that you are showing your contact details in the picture (which you are not allowed to do) and thus eBay would consider that you are prepared to do an 'off site' sale.

Additionally I wouldn't send my bike via Parcel Force or indeed by any other postage method, I would limit it to collection only.  If you send it then it will probably get damaged en route. Thus I would delete the indication that you are prepared to post.  Keep it simple,the last thing that you want are more problems.

Message 6 of 6
See Most Recent
Got selling related questions? Start here: