Buyer riased "item not recieved"

So the buyer raised a item not recieved as Yodel are 4 days late delivering my item.

He's angry because I used Yodel not Evri.

The item is showing due for delivery tomorrow.

I just want to refund him now as hes looking at this reveiws he has a habit of leaving netgative reviews for sellers, he also just seems a very angry person (but he is for from Yorkshire!).

Anyway if I refund him today and the item gets delivery tomorrow what is to stop him keeping the item?

At what point does he have to return it and who pays and how?

Cheers

Message 1 of 15
See Most Recent
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

When did your buyer open the case?     Because you only have a few days to sort it out before he can ask Ebay to step in for a refund.   Make sure you have added the tracking number to Ebay and the case details.

IF the item is delivered AFTER  the latest estimated delivery date then the buyer could in theory open a not as described case........this is IF you win the not received case and that case is closed.

IF you refund now and the items delivered tomorrow then the buyer will end up with the item and there is nothing to stop him from just keeping it.   You will be relying on his honesty and morals to refund you or return the item to you.

IF he only opened the not received case say this morning and its delivered tomorrow and you have uploaded the tracking details to the case then that case should automatically close in your favour. 

Its all about timelines.........hence my questions

Just to add a seller should always send an item in accordance with the listing.   IF you said Yodel then he cannot complain.    IF you changed the courier without telling him first then he may have a point.     To be honest i would prefer Yodel over Evri who tend to have a rather bad reputation.....and a lot of buyers avoid sellers who send items by Evri.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 15
See Most Recent
14 REPLIES 14

When did your buyer open the case?     Because you only have a few days to sort it out before he can ask Ebay to step in for a refund.   Make sure you have added the tracking number to Ebay and the case details.

IF the item is delivered AFTER  the latest estimated delivery date then the buyer could in theory open a not as described case........this is IF you win the not received case and that case is closed.

IF you refund now and the items delivered tomorrow then the buyer will end up with the item and there is nothing to stop him from just keeping it.   You will be relying on his honesty and morals to refund you or return the item to you.

IF he only opened the not received case say this morning and its delivered tomorrow and you have uploaded the tracking details to the case then that case should automatically close in your favour. 

Its all about timelines.........hence my questions

Just to add a seller should always send an item in accordance with the listing.   IF you said Yodel then he cannot complain.    IF you changed the courier without telling him first then he may have a point.     To be honest i would prefer Yodel over Evri who tend to have a rather bad reputation.....and a lot of buyers avoid sellers who send items by Evri.

Message 2 of 15
See Most Recent

Hi Mate, thanks for the detailed and helpful response. He only just opended the dispute this morning. I had somehow selected Evri but often I do that and send via Yodel, all my other iteams have bene delivered I very rearly have a problem with Yodel, I used to use Hermes now rebranded as Evri but there customer service is dreadful.  Anyway I  have added the tracking to my listing I will wait to see if it get's delivered tomorrow.

Message 3 of 15
See Most Recent

Maybe you could list large items with ,Other courier 3-5 days, Instead of a specific service,

That way it doesnt matter which one you choose to use.

To be fair i list everyone of my items with Royal Mail 2nd class although ive sent littrally thousands with Royal mail 48hr,

I do put a line in the description that Shipping is normally 2nd class  but depending on final price or multiple orders, an alternative service may be used.

I dont think over the years any buyers have complained if say ive used a courier so it sounds like you buyer is a bit touchy,especially as it was later then the Estimated shipping times,Which are really only estimated.

You can only apoligise, I for one would certainly Not give a refund based on not wanting bad feedback.

That is a slippery slope indeed.

Phone the courier and maybe get an update if you have a phone number.

Message 4 of 15
See Most Recent

Make sure you add the tracking to the not received case.  Thats really important.

If the item is delivered tomorrow then the case should close in your favour.

IF this buyer leaves negative feedback then Ebay should remove it because you won the case.

Message 5 of 15
See Most Recent

In addition to what has already been said, if you have not already done so add this buyer's User ID to your Blocked Bidders List, regardless of whether you end up winning or losing the case.  That way he can't purchase anything else from you in the future and cause you any further aggravation.

Message 6 of 15
See Most Recent

I have blocked him now hopefully he can't even message me he is acting like a child now really embarrasing for him. 

Message 7 of 15
See Most Recent

@ukmercenary wrote:

I have blocked him now hopefully he can't even message me he is acting like a child now really embarrasing for him. 

If the buyer you have blocked is now bombarding you with messages go back into your Seller Preferences and look for the sentence that reads "Don't Allow Blocked Buyers To Contact Me."  If the box next to that sentence is not ticked then tick it.  Save the updates as soon as you have done that, and from that point onwards anybody you add to your Blocked Bidders List will be unable to contact you via eBay Messages.  You only have to activate it the once and it will remain activated forever, unless for some reason you change your mind and decide to deactivate the block on receiving messages from blocked bidders.

Message 8 of 15
See Most Recent

@ukmercenary wrote:

I think a blocked buyer can still message you about something he has already bought.

Suggest reporting his messages to Ebay if necessary.

Message 9 of 15
See Most Recent

Hi

Out of interest was the item delivered yesterday and has the not received case now been closed?

Message 10 of 15
See Most Recent

No it was not deliverd yesterday.. I can see it was loaded into his Van three days in a row.

I wonder if it will ever get delivered or it is lost. There customer service isn't very good.

I don't know what to do next would you refund him, I suspect he will keep the package as he comes accross as a not a very nice person on a messaging but it wasn't alot of money. I'm not sure when Ebay will  automacitly refund him? 

My parcel's journey

+
08/05/2410:07
Received into LEEDS VAN
07/05/2411:34
Received into LEEDS VAN
03/05/2409:30
Received into LEEDS VAN
03/05/2401:25
Received into LEEDS DEPOT
02/05/2409:38
Processed at National Hub
01/05/2422:15
Despatched from NORTHAMPTON DEPOT
01/05/2416:40
Parcel collected by courier
01/05/2412:40
Received at *****************
30/04/2422:28
Parcel to be taken to a Yodel Store
Message 11 of 15
See Most Recent

The first thing is, use Other Courier 3-5 days, as has been suggested by someone else.  Also, wait until eBay decide to refund the buyer for non-delivery.  I had a similar case recently, refunding on my own initiative, to a buyer who almost instantly received the goods & refused to either return them or pay.  eBay implied, strongly, that as it was my decision to refund there was nothing they could do.

Also, beware the current eBay scam of them advising customers of expected delivery dates, which happens automatically on sold items.  Their algorithm is flawed & they know it.  It does NOT take account of weekends or Bank Holidays when carriers do not normally work.  That their info clashes with what you offer is immaterial.  Now, all feedback I give to buyers (immediately after purchase) carries an explanatory warning.  Also, remember that in all cases, is is an "expected" delivery date, not one that is guaranteed - unless you use a special service.

Message 12 of 15
See Most Recent

No not been deliverd yet

Message 13 of 15
See Most Recent

It has been deliverd today so hopefully the Ebay will close the case..but I suspect he will try to send it back for another reason.

Message 14 of 15
See Most Recent

A blocked buyer can continue a message thread.  To stop messages that are a continuation of a thread, pull down the 'Action' menu on a message and select 'Block this member'.  

Message 15 of 15
See Most Recent
Got selling related questions? Start here: