Buy 2 get 2 free - Why Do Buyers Not Understand the Listing

I have a listing for overlocking sewing thread. it is a Buy 2 get 2 free, and allows the customer a choice of any 4 colours from a range of 48 colours. You can have 4 different, or all 4 the same. All you need to do as per ebays advice is to add 4 to the basket to qualify. Even though I have "Add 4 to basket to qualify" written on the picture, and have the same mentioned in the listing 5 times, customers are still getting it wrong. Just had one buyer added 8 cones to the basket, and paid for 4..... Wonderful ..... Local person so I took them by car the 5 mile to her house on a Bank Holiday, and got back home to a question, I am missing 8 cones will you bring them over. Now I cannot get through to the buyer that she only put 8 in the basket, and only paid for 4, so she has had her 50% discount and for every 2 purchased she got 2 free. Does anyone else get this, and can anyone suggest a better way for me to list that would still allow customers a choice ? Many Thanks
Message 1 of 4
See Most Recent
3 REPLIES 3

can anyone suggest a better way for me to list that would still allow customers a choice ? 

Discounts for quantity and list with free postage.

Photobucket

"Take deep breaths, it'll soon be gone"

Message 2 of 4
See Most Recent

Thankyou,  it already is free postage, and at £10 for 4 cones,  minus ebay fees, minus postage fees, there is around about £1.25 profit, so discounts are out unless I start each cone at a higher price.  I also have to make sure that if someone just buys ONE cone, the price is enough to cover costs and post.

Message 3 of 4
See Most Recent

Can't you just have a multibuy discount ?
Buy 1 at £5.00
Buy 2 or more at 20% discount so £4 each
Buy 3 or more at 40% discount so £3 each
Buy 4 or more at 50% discount so £2.50 each

This would work for any combination of colours and the price for any four would still be £10
It should make it easier for customers to know how many they are buying.

Message 4 of 4
See Most Recent
Got selling related questions? Start here: