promoted listings express? what is it and does 'cancel' opt out?

I clicked cancel, I assume that means I opted out? Can check see anywhere? Is it visible to me? I dont want to find ebay has default opted me in.

Also how exactly can ebay promote one persons 7 day listing over another? clarify please?

Surely the listing falls in date and time order amongst similar listings?

Is ebay going to make my item invisible until the last day or something? I think if I get no views/watchers I will have to end it early.. come on ebay please stop messing about with peoples listings. Its getting annoying having to opt out of marketing at the end of every listing..

Also what the hell are 'labels' it took me ages to post this question?!

Message 1 of 2
See Most Recent
1 REPLY 1

promoted listings express? what is it and does 'cancel' opt out?

Hi @lolif34 

If a listing is eligible for Promoted listings Express you see it as an option when you’re creating or managing a listing. You can opt a listing in from there but it won’t automatically opt it in.

Your listing will still be visible as normal in the search results just not in any of the sponsored slots across the site. When the listing is opted in an algorithm looks at number of different points on the listing to find its suitability for placement and its then shown on similar listings.

You can find more information on the process here.

Labels are basically a subject that you can tag a post with so it can be found if someone is looking for similar posts. There’s usually a list of them on the main page of each forum so you can click them to view any related posts.

I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Dave

Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.
eBay
Message 2 of 2
See Most Recent
Got Promoted Listings Related Questions? Start here: