Warning if you are on Promoted Listings Advanced! Ebay overrides Cost per Clicks Settings!!

I was shocked when I saw the latest report for our Ebay transactions. It showed a large amount of cost per click fees for a campaign that we had set up a long time (more than a year) ago just for testing purposes with the lowest possible CPC of £0.02 (we could not afford anymore for our low value items given that it takes 50-100 clicks to make one sale). Naturally, we got practically no clicks on this at all, so there were virtually no fees for this to pay. But since about a week ago (apparently following some changes Ebay made) we had 45 clicks each at a CPC of about £0.35, resulting in an ad fee for last week of about £16, and without getting a single order out of it. So Ebay did override our initial settings and just used their own recommended CPC, only limited by our maximum daily amount of £2.00. We will contact Ebay to ask for a refund of these fees, as it is clearly not legit to simply override our settings.

Message 1 of 2
See Most Recent
1 REPLY 1

Warning if you are on Promoted Listings Advanced! Ebay overrides Cost per Clicks Settings!!

Just an update: I called Ebay customer support and we did indeed get a refund for the Ad Fees we incurred due to Ebay overriding our Cost per Click settings. We have disabled Advanced Promotions now altogether as we only had it set up for test purposes anyway. In any case, unless you sell items for £100+, you will just make heavy losses with Pay per Click (on Google as well).

Message 2 of 2
See Most Recent
Got Promoted Listings Related Questions? Start here: