Sponsored listings bag of worms. Sellers must be losing sales hand over fist

Sponsored listings often show multiple listings of the same item from the same supplier at quite different prices.

Upon selecting one of them, the page that opens then shows a completely different price.

Such sponsored listings just frustrate me, causing me to go elsewhere, generally to a "non-sponsored" listing/seller.  

I suggest that perhaps a seller has adjusted their price and the sponsored listings algorithm does not clean-up after itself, showing all revisions of the pricing.

Message 1 of 4
See Most Recent
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @malexander81, thanks for your post.

Can you please clarify if you are seeing this on eBay or external websites?

Can you share the item number(s) and a screenshot showing the issue?

Thanks,

Anita

Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
See Most Recent
3 REPLIES 3

Hi @malexander81, thanks for your post.

Can you please clarify if you are seeing this on eBay or external websites?

Can you share the item number(s) and a screenshot showing the issue?

Thanks,

Anita

Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.
Message 2 of 4
See Most Recent

Further to my original Post and in support of my assertion that Ebay Sponsored Listings are rendering Ebay useless for potential Buyers and possibly Sellers as well.

I would like to draw your attention to eBay item number:225831635660 as just one example encountered recently.

Please see the attached screen print of my Q&A with the Seller via Ebay mesaging, where I outline the issue with his listing and my problem in making an offer. 

Unfortunately the web page length is too long to attach complete

Further to my original Post and in support of my assertion that Ebay Sponsored Listings are rendering Ebay useless for potential Buyers and possibly Sellers as well.

I would like to draw your attention to eBay item number:225831635660 as just one example encountered recently.

Please see the attached screen print of my Q&A with the Seller via Ebay mesaging, where I outline the issue with his listing and my problem in making an offer. 

Unfortunately the web page length is too long to attach complete https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/225831635660.

However, if you examine just that page you will see exactly the same item listed twice on that page under Sponsored and Related Sponsored items simultaneously. Unfortunately only a single attachment is allowed to this reply.

If you examine further down the listing page Proudly Made in India, Free Express Shipping USA stock. Where it also states 1-2 days shipping after receiving payments but may be subject to import duty and taxes when landed in country of destination (UK in this case) for which they are NOT liable.

The Seller Offers me a £75  purchase including VAT, no mention of any other expenses and directs me to make that Offer via the Ebay Make an Offer.

However as I point out the Ebay Offer system declares any Offer I make will not include VAT or Shipping and may be subject to other charges.

So I have no idea how much Ebay will take fom my paypal account for the transaction.

So how can I go ahead and make an offer, conversely how can the seller sell it via Ebay??????

However, if you examine just that page you will see exactly the same item listed twice on that page under Sponsored and Related Sponsored items simultaneously. Unfortunately only a single attachment is allowed to this reply.

If you examine further down the listing page Proudly Made in India, Free Express Shipping USA stock. Where it also states 1-2 days shipping after receiving payments but may be subject to import duty and taxes when landed in country of destination (UK in this case) for which they are NOT liable.

The Seller Offers me a £75  purchase including VAT, no mention of any other expenses and directs me to make that Offer via the Ebay Make an Offer.

However as I point out the Ebay Offer system declares any Offer I make will not include VAT or Shipping and may be subject to other charges.

So, I have no idea how much Ebay will take fom my paypal account for the transaction.

Consequently how can I go ahead and make an offer, conversely how can the seller sell it me via Ebay??????

Message 3 of 4
See Most Recent

Unfortunately the web page length for itm 115831635660 is too long to attach complete .

So I have no idea how much Ebay will take fom my paypal account for the transaction.

Consequently, how can I go ahead and make an offer, conversely how can the seller sell it via Ebay??????

Message 4 of 4
See Most Recent
Got Promoted Listings Related Questions? Start here: