Promoted listing global error

According to eBay my promoted listings are unavailable due to a global error, there's nothing wrong with my account health and I'm above standard. eBay are unable to tell me how many people are having this problem and all I can do is wait. I know hundreds of other sellers and none of them are having this problem. Are you? There is no option for me to promote my listings whatsoever. If anyone else is having this problem too I'd love to know. It's been 7 days now and still nothing. 

Message 1 of 33
See Most Recent
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @prestigious-uniquities,

I have been advised that this is now resolved for you, and you should be able to use Promoted listings and create new campaigns as normal.

Thanks,

Anita

Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.

View solution in original post

Message 14 of 33
See Most Recent
32 REPLIES 32

Promoted Listings Standard is available to sellers with an Above Standard or Top Rated Seller level, and enough account activity.

It may be because you don't have enough sales history.

Message 2 of 33
See Most Recent

I just found this on the net "Don’t worry: You won’t have to figure out whether you’re compliant on your own. If the “Promoted Listing” option is available to you, eBay will show it clearly next to eligible items in your inventory."

Message 3 of 33
See Most Recent

Hi, I meet all the eligible criteria. I had an active campaign with all of my current listings recieving promotional views, the. Poof! They're all no longer promoted. The help chat have confirmed there's nothing wrong with my account and I should be able to have my listings promoted, however there's a global glitch causing many other sellers to experience the same problem. According to the technical team it's a known error that they are working on. I'm just trying to ascertain if there are others in the same boat as me. 

Message 4 of 33
See Most Recent

That's my problem, that button should be there and was there last week, but now it's gone because of the glitch that the eBay team have told me about. 

Message 5 of 33
See Most Recent

I'm having the exact same problem, spoke to ebay and they confirm I'm eligible but can't tell me why it doesn't work 

Message 6 of 33
See Most Recent

I'm so glad it's not just me! They told me it's a global problem but you're the only other person I know of facing the same problem and I'm in so many groups with other eBay sellers.... Weird that you're also in Suffolk though 🤣 how long has it been for you? It's about a week now for me. 

Message 7 of 33
See Most Recent

It's been about 2 weeks for me, first noticed when I tried to adjust the promotion level. I just couldn't navigate to the right menu. Then listed a new item and also couldn't promote that. That's when I contacted ebay. I am due to be promoted to top rated seller in 4 days so I'm definitely eligible. What I don't understand is why they haven't been able to fix it already. When the royal mail label purchased system was updated/broken a couple of weeks ago it was fixed quite quickly . It is strange that your local to me, although I can't see how it would affect anything. 

Message 8 of 33
See Most Recent

Yeah it's weird that it's taking so long to fix. I'm tempted to delist everything to see if that makes a difference. I'm sure it's just a coincidence that we're close, I just thought it was interesting. I hope they fix it soon 😭

Message 9 of 33
See Most Recent

Hi @prestigious-uniquities , thanks for your post.

There is indeed a known technical issue affecting Promoted listings eligibility, however it is not affecting large number of sellers. Please also note, that some members may be getting an ineligibility message due to not following eBay policies or meeting customer satisfaction criteria.

I have flagged this to our tech team from my end, and as soon as I have an update, I will share it here.

Thanks,

Anita

Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.
Message 10 of 33
See Most Recent

Hi Anita thanks for your reply, I've spoken to quite a few different people on the live chat, both main level and supervisor level, I've been told so many different things so I thought I'd just put it out there to get a feel for myself to see how many people it's affecting. Sure I understand that some people may not be eligible due to criteria not being met, however as mentioned for me personally I should have and did have an active campaign that disappeared for no reason. Do you think it would help if I delisted everything and then started again? 

Message 11 of 33
See Most Recent

@prestigious-uniquities thanks for replying.

I would leave it as it is, as ending your listings and relisting them won’t fix the issue. I have added your User ID to the report, and I’ll reply here in the thread, once I have a further update.

Thanks,

Anita

Message 12 of 33
See Most Recent

Thanks so much 😁

Message 13 of 33
See Most Recent

Hi @prestigious-uniquities,

I have been advised that this is now resolved for you, and you should be able to use Promoted listings and create new campaigns as normal.

Thanks,

Anita

Message 14 of 33
See Most Recent

Oh my god! Thank you so much Anita! You've just made my entire week! That's such amazing news, thank you so much for getting back to me now it's been resolved! You're a super star! I hope you have a great day 😁😁😁 if there's any way I can leave positive feedback for you please let me know! 

Message 15 of 33
See Most Recent

Still no change for me ....

Message 16 of 33
See Most Recent

I do like posts that are so informative ,thanks for making my day 🤣.Bookmarked for future reference.

Message 17 of 33
See Most Recent

Hi @suffolkcampers,

It should be resolved for you now. However, let me know if you need further assistance.

Thanks,

Anita

Message 18 of 33
See Most Recent

Hi

I am a new business seller and not been able to see promote the listing option.

what can be the issue

kind regards

Message 19 of 33
See Most Recent

Hi, 

I'm in the same boat. Could you kindly have a look at it? 

Kind Regards
Sara 

Message 20 of 33
See Most Recent
Got Promoted Listings Related Questions? Start here: