Royal Doulton pattern help please.

Hi,

Can anyone please identify this Royal Doulton pattern for me please?

Thanks.

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." -Albert Einstein
Message 1 of 7
See Most Recent
6 REPLIES 6

the marks underneath are in this attachment.

Thanks

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." -Albert Einstein
Message 2 of 7
See Most Recent

After lots of searching google/ebay the only similar pattern i can find on the web is here: http://www.premierantiques.co.uk/royal-doulton-athena-and-nike-greek-c-series-dish-d4397-c1925-sold-...

Royal Doulton 'Athena and Nike' Greek C Series Dish D4397 c1925

Would anyone know if this is my pattern? it looks very similar.

Thanks!

Message 3 of 7
See Most Recent

I am afraid that i am not sure of the exact name of your piece, nice piece by the way.  It could possibly be from the same range, but produced later, as you have 'made in England' meaning that your piece is likely to be post 1940/48.  Therefore, it's likely that doulton added new designs to the range over the years?

Message 4 of 7
See Most Recent

Royal Doulton design D4397 was found in google circa 1938 and named the Greek or Etruscan design. So it could be a design that spans many years.

Message 5 of 7
See Most Recent

Im fairly sure that pottery marked 'Made in England' suggests that the piece can data anytime post 1910.
Message 6 of 7
See Most Recent

I've allready searched Google, and come up with that info allready, as per my 3rd post here.
Message 7 of 7
See Most Recent