Does anyone recognise this?

grove.lodge

I'm hoping that someone will be able to help me to identify this lovely old dessert dish.  It measures about 8.5 inches square, handpainted, and is quite heavily potted.  The body seems to be prone to small brown spots as can be seen from the underside, and there is just one small area of glaze crazing on the underside also.

The four little feet are quite distinctive (I'll have to put those in later as it only lets me do 2 attachments), and the fine gilding on the mazarine blue ground is very nicely done.  It's certainly English, but which factory?  No marks or pattern number.  I also have a matching oval dessert dish.  Any ideas would be very welcome.  I have a theory, but no way to prove it true!

Message 1 of 5
See Most Recent
4 REPLIES 4

grove.lodge

These are the feet -

Thank you.

Message 2 of 5
See Most Recent

I think it is lovely but I don't recognise the pattern at all. I assume it is porcelain? It looks fairly early to me, 1810/20ish? maybe look at Minton or Davenport? Just throwing some names in really. I'd love to know what your theory is. I take it there is no pattern number on either piece?

Message 3 of 5
See Most Recent

my-pandora

:^O Marking pottery did not really become commonplace until the late 19th century, so don't think that it is not worth anything!

Try looking for Royal Worcester patterns (early 18th/19th century) and work your way on from there.

Good Luck

Sandra

Have a nice day, if you can!

Sandra
Message 4 of 5
See Most Recent

The OP has it listed as possible John Rose Coalport which seems quite a likely attribution.

Message 5 of 5
See Most Recent