Pottery and Porcelain discussion group
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Does anyone recognise this?

I'm hoping that someone will be able to help me to identify this lovely old dessert dish. It measures about 8.5 inches square, handpainted, and is quite heavily potted. The body seems to be prone to small brown spots as can be seen from the underside...

Found!

Well hello! This is like just learning to drive again - wouldn`t surprise me if I just get use to this and then eBay decide on something new! ]:)

Mintons Indian Tree pattern 4994

In 1846, designer Henry Cole (the publisher of the first Christmas card), under the pseudonym of Felix Summerly, designed a tea service for Mintons which featured moulded Goats heads on handles, spouts and lids. Minton's continued to use the shape al...

User avatar by Engager
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

English Delft?

English Delft1978rich ( 45 ) 19/09/10 05:55 PM have a plate which i know is very old but what kind of delft is it,will it be english delft ? does anyone know how you can tell if it is what you call tin glazed.anyone know the pattern ? thank you i don...

User avatar by Engager
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

moving content from the old board

It will take a little while probably to become familiar with the new layout; transferring discussions is, as far as I can tell, a matter of copying and pasting into a new topic and is a bit of a pain, so unless there is anything you particularly want...

User avatar by Engager
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Home

In the words of the late, great Reginald Haggar; "Starting as a foible, collecting soon becomes a habit; develops by stages into a mania and ends as a vice. Few have gone to the lengths of a lecher prince of Saxony who swapped a regiment of dragoons ...

User avatar by Engager
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos