Postage price inflation and shipping variable fees. Should ebay share their profits with sellers?

Hi all, 

With regards to shipping costs increasing, I'm curious as to why ebay does not give sellers dicounts on the fees taken on our set postage prices. 

I am an individual seller, a small business operating at reduced sales volumes as it is. With the trend in dropping sales for some, and increasing operational costs for everyone, I'd like to think it's fair that ebay does not profit further from courier price increases. For example, current price for Royal Mail large letter is up to £1.55, from £1.05 a short while back, that's a 50p increase, of which ebay will continue to add 12.8% (6p extra revenue on every large letter item) onto this new increase. That's a whopping income stream across the board, and I believe it is not acceptable and not justified to charge sellers extra on these increases. ebay should give back by either reducing the variablle fee on shipping, or negotiating better shipping rates with the couriers via Packlink. When the costs infalte again, ebay will contiune to profit massively on this, so maybe it's time for them to share the profits to support it's community. Without us, there is no ebay model, we are it's backbone.

What are your thoughts on this subject?

Message 1 of 41
See Most Recent
40 REPLIES 40

Postage price inflation and shipping variable fees. Should ebay share their profits with sellers?

Yes this is the case, lots of helpful advice has been given by the commnity and the correct process of registration will be made. 

Message 41 of 41
See Most Recent
Got Postage related questions? Start here: