Large letter now has delivery confirmation

Morning

jfi in case no one noticed

finally

Message 1 of 10
See Most Recent
9 REPLIES 9

Thanks for that, yes, delivery confirmed, although sent as Large letter, RM tracking states "1st class parcels".

To be is to do"-Socrates; "To do is to be"-Sartre; "Do Be Do Be Do"-Sinatra; "Scooby Dooby Do"-Scooby Do; "Yaba Daba Doo!"-Fred Flintstone
Message 2 of 10
See Most Recent

When you buy the label online you get the delivery confirmation number.

If you buy from the post office you only get the delivery confirmation number if your large letter is over 100 grams.

Message 3 of 10
See Most Recent

i wouldn`t rely too much on that service 🙂

i started useing it a while back, instead of recorded delivery, but ended up going back to recorded, because they weren`t scanning half the codes to show `delivered`, more trouble than it`s worth, even the woman at my post office said the same.

Message 4 of 10
See Most Recent

"more trouble than it`s worth"

I send many items standard large letter. It's a bonus if scanned, not a problem if not.

To be is to do"-Socrates; "To do is to be"-Sartre; "Do Be Do Be Do"-Sinatra; "Scooby Dooby Do"-Scooby Do; "Yaba Daba Doo!"-Fred Flintstone
Message 5 of 10
See Most Recent

I only posted to say there's a d livery confirmation now so you don't get did not receive claims as is common with large letters in the past anyway

Message 6 of 10
See Most Recent

` It's a bonus if scanned, not a problem if not.`

Till you get buyers taking advantage and claiming not received, but if it works for you, that`s o.k 🙂

Message 7 of 10
See Most Recent

I've seen this discussed before on social media and apparently some RM staff don't realise that the QR code is meant to be scanned on large letters. I saw one person say that they knew they were supposed to but didn't want to spend the time.

I think it would be best if eBay did not let buyers know that tracking shows their order delivered. That way a) dishonest buyers can be caught claiming INR when tracking shows otherwise and b) buyers can't use this information to find out which of their orders got scanned and which didn't so they'd have to play roulette if they want to try being dishonest.

Message 8 of 10
See Most Recent

What service is this for? RM First/Second Class, RM 24/48.

Message 9 of 10
See Most Recent

Its on large letters above 100gms. (1st and 2nd) You get the 16 digit code the same as a parcel which you can use tracking. This is on post office services over the counter but presume the same for click and drop etc.

My business was a finalist in the ebay business awards 2023.
Message 10 of 10
See Most Recent
Got Postage related questions? Start here: