Isn't it time eBay updated maximum postage costs?

Recently came back to eBay, and will likely stop bothering. Trying to sell videogames and the max postage I can put is £3.50 - this is despite the fact buying postage directly from eBay is ALWAYS more - typically £7+

The fees are bad enough, but I am losing out on £3 to £4 every sale...

Message 1 of 16
See Most Recent
15 REPLIES 15

£3.50 looks fine for 2 out of 3 of your listings and the other has a higher postage cost anyway.

You can send each of those 2 video games for £3.45 by royal mail 48 hour tracked service which covers them up to £150. So £7 would be way more than you need to pay and it would put buyers off.

If you do have a shortfall you can just add the extra to the item price.

Message 2 of 16
See Most Recent

When I buy the postage from eBay it always costs £7 odd... same at the post office. Any sort of tracked parcel is nowhere near as cheap as £3.50

Message 3 of 16
See Most Recent

@shiqxion-gg wrote:

When I buy the postage from eBay it always costs £7 odd... same at the post office. Any sort of tracked parcel is nowhere near as cheap as £3.50

You are choosing the wrong postage option on ebay and being conned by your local post office if you can't get tracked for less than £7.

Message 4 of 16
See Most Recent

Why not add the postage cost to the price of your items and offer "Free postage" on your listings?

******************************************************************************************
Powered by cats Cat Happy
Message 5 of 16
See Most Recent

Don't buy postage via ebay.  Try this

https://www.royalmail.com/sending/uk/tracked-48

Message 6 of 16
See Most Recent

If you bothered to read what I wrote - the eBay option to buy and print the postage is never £3.50. Why do they only allow £3.50 max when they are selling me postage double that as the minimum?

Message 7 of 16
See Most Recent

As papso22 says if you cannot see postage around £3.50 you are not selecting the correct postage option or your buyers are living in remote locations and there is a surcharge.

You can see Packlink prices here and they are nowhere near £7.00 for small parcels.

Or you can go direct to Royal Mail,Carriers site or your local post office and still pay less than £7.00

Message 8 of 16
See Most Recent

I agree. I posted a 3cd boxset today thats in like a book type folder/binder, about 12 inches tall, 6" wide, in a box, total weight 500g. That cost me £4.69, so there's no way those nintendo games should or would be £7!

Royal mail 48/24 would be near half that amount. I sent 2 parcels over 10kg useing Royal mail 48 not long ago that only cost £10, so to get £7 come up for a game, you are, as pointed out, doing something wrong.

Message 9 of 16
See Most Recent

Be nice if you guys read what I wrote.

Why do eBay offer postage and label printing at home if it costs more than they allow to put as the postage costs? 

They already know how much it'll be yet it's capped to £3.50

Message 10 of 16
See Most Recent

It does not cost more.

You must be doing something wrong or looking in the wrong place.

Here are 2  of the most popular couriers on eBay and neither one are anywhere near £7.00 until you get around the 5kg mark.

Evri.jpgYodel.jpg

Message 11 of 16
See Most Recent

Thanks for providing an irrelevant screenshot.

I'm talking about eBay bought Royal Mail which the cheapest available is £7 odd no other option

Message 12 of 16
See Most Recent

People are trying to tell you there is something wrong on your account because it doesn't cost anyone else that much. It's £3.29 for Royal Mail Tracked 48 bought in eBay or from Royal Mail. If you add a signature I think it's an extra £1.50. Tracked 24 costs £3.99. These are standard charges for anyone in the UK.  The only way I can get prices over £7 are if I put in a medium sized parcel for Tracked 24 or for Special Delivery guaranteed next day by 1pm. 

Message 13 of 16
See Most Recent

Nothing wrong with my account. Can't seem to find an option to disable "Charge me £7 for a small 48 hour tracked parcel" either 

Message 14 of 16
See Most Recent

"Isn't it time eBay updated maximum postage costs?"

Shhhh you will only give them idea's ,i can hear the "kerching" already 😲
Message 15 of 16
See Most Recent

You can buy Royal Mail tracked 48 on eBay or on the actual RM website for £3.29 small parcel size which will cover a couple of pairs of shoes .

For 2 CDs if you're paying more than that then you might be selecting special delivery which is only for items over £150. 

Message 16 of 16
See Most Recent
Got Postage related questions? Start here: