International

Hi,

I'm in the UK & have a prospective buyer for an item in Austria. I've never used the Global Shipping Programme before. 
In reading the details on eBay it says the uk postage to the UK shipping centre should be ' free' to qualify for 5* protection on postage & dispatch & it also has to reach the shipping centre within 3 days. Postage will cost me £6.59 for this item for Royal Mail tracked 48 so if I posted for 'free' I'd be significantly out of pocket. If you are using the GSP what are you doing about postage for the UK leg to the shipping centre? Are you out of pocket? What postage is put on your listing? 
Also what happens if the package arrives late after the '3 days'  to the UK centre as tracked 48 sometimes seems to have a few delays? 
Thanks in anticipation of your help. 

Message 1 of 3
See Most Recent
2 REPLIES 2

International

Just do the listing with UK postage and opt in to the GSP. As long as the tracking number is added after you post it and it is posted within your listing time frame, it will be ok. GSP don't always update the tracking straight away when they receive it but as long as the tracking shows delivery to the hub, your job is done.

I have never had an issue if the delivery has been a day or 2 later than shown. 

Just make sure you pack it extra well.

Message 2 of 3
See Most Recent

International

Thank you that's helpful.

Message 3 of 3
See Most Recent
Got Postage related questions? Start here: