Evri are killing me ; )

That's it - Evri have deteriorated now to level every bit as poor as when they traded under Hermes.

Done now with being told item will come this 2 hour block during afternoon, then altered to evening slot only to be told I wasn't at home when they tried to deliver between hours of 1930 and 2130 - or whenever they claim to have attempted. I was at home during those hours and door buzzer is working and fully audible.

Over the weekend I returned to find 3 packages sitting in front of neighbour's flat - ground floor level of block of flats I'm in.

Only when I check my emails I find one of those packages belongs to me  -  same door colour;  entirely different flat number.

Went down to luckily find three packages still in place - none of which were for actual resident of that flat - so took on useless Evri courier's task and delivered them to flats nos 5 & 8 as well as taking my own .

Bad enough to be yanked around being told they'll possibly deliver that day, and fail, worse still to know how casually they treat parcels, mere luck that in crimecentric London; no one had half-inched them;

Here on I shall politely request sellers due to send using Evri, switch to a. n. other courier - preferably Royal Mail and happily pay the difference . . . just as I did when Evri were named Hermes.

Rant done - hope Evri deservedly begin to lose their monopoly with sellers on Ebay soon as possible ; )

Message 1 of 15
See Most Recent
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Evri are killing me ; )

What I would do in your situation is at checkout, see if you can have these parcels delivered to an Evri parcelshop under click and collect.

You could report it to the Evri depot near you but they change couriers so often it may not make a difference long term.

The ETA changes often as the courier has to scan at the depot and guess the timeslot but often if running late they have to keep amending it on their app. It can be a PITA if waiting in for a parcel.. if you are lucky enough to get a regular driver who knows the route like the back of their hand they can be a lot more reliable. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 15
See Most Recent
14 REPLIES 14

Evri are killing me ; )

What I would do in your situation is at checkout, see if you can have these parcels delivered to an Evri parcelshop under click and collect.

You could report it to the Evri depot near you but they change couriers so often it may not make a difference long term.

The ETA changes often as the courier has to scan at the depot and guess the timeslot but often if running late they have to keep amending it on their app. It can be a PITA if waiting in for a parcel.. if you are lucky enough to get a regular driver who knows the route like the back of their hand they can be a lot more reliable. 

Message 2 of 15
See Most Recent

Evri are killing me ; )

The problems you mention aren`t specific to Evri, it can happen with them all and your situation is a lazy delivery driver not Evri as a whole. Many on here, including myself, have used Evri (Hermes) for a decade or more and never had a single issue and i`ve only had one in all those years, which was dealt with after emailing them.

Nearly all my deliveries are from Royal mail, Evri, Yodel and Amazon and i`ve found the worst one is Amazon. Like most of them, Amazon will deliver stuff and put it outside my front door, which i have no issue with, but what Amazon does almost every single time, is plonks it outside the door and walks off without ringing the bell. I`ve had a few instances of this and only discovered it`s there when i come on-line and it shows delivered, to which i think `no it hasn`t`, but low and behold, i go to the front door at 10p.m at night and there it is!

So like i said, alot of these issues are the drivers not doing their job properly, not the company.

Message 3 of 15
See Most Recent

Evri are killing me ; )

@*knight-rider* wrote:

but what Amazon does almost every single time, is plonks it outside the door and walks off without ringing the bell

Royal Mail and Evri ring my bell and hand over parcels with a smile, except for Amazon who do exactly as you said.

Message 4 of 15
See Most Recent

Evri are killing me ; )

Royal Mail are best for me. Evri delivery excellent too - but it takes up to a week for parcels to be collected and get to the local depot. Amazon are always successful but delivering at 10 pm to dark country lanes is not a sensible option.

My big problem is Yodel, the drivers don't want to deliver in my area as it is difficult, so they continually update online as missed delivery/ card left when there is no delivery attempted or card left. I am going to stop buying from any seller who uses Yodel for delivery, which is a faf when sellers don't define the courier.

Message 5 of 15
See Most Recent

Evri are killing me ; )

Likewise.  The last three parcels I attempted to have collected by Hermes/Evri were never collected.  Two I manged to carry to a parcel shop and got a lift from a neighbour with the third. 

On the last occasion I complained that I'd paid extra for a service I hadn't received and got the full charge back with an apology that "After an extensive investigation" the parcel couldn't be located.  That wasn't surprising as by then it was with its recipient which shows how they don't know their back-sides from their elbows.

Cacas vendit.
Message 6 of 15
See Most Recent

Evri are killing me ; )

Thanks to @thepillenwerfer ; @mahargbennett68  ; @bennotbill  ; @*knight-rider*  @technthread  for all your input and suggestions.

With respect to looking at local evri drop off points offered.

I shall definitely look to that option next occasion delivery is coming with them; 

To date I have tried diverting it to local pick up point when notified they're due to deliver but haven't found that to be an option on their divert notice

Agree - @*knight-rider*  Amazon and Yodel do just chuck items on occasion in near enough vicinity to their mind.

Can't think of a time Royal Mail have left my packages unsecured - as rule I get red card notification informing to collect  from sorting office or telling me which neighbour left with

Number reasons I use Amazon as rarely as possible.

Yodel have delivered on few occasions. Either cheap as chips stuff from China which has been quickly, swiftly and easily replaced should it not arrive - yet to work out if hasn't been sent out as originally stated or lost in transit. Anything over £5 value with Yodel has been reliable and delivered with care.

What, however, none of the other companies do is give errornous delivery date and then tell me I wasn't at home - that's my chief annoyance with time wasting confusion they cause.

To cite one example couple of days ago I was two minded about whether to go out. Chores to run but low energy - Evri telling me they were due to deliver 1430 - 1630 or similar swung it for me; opted to stay back and wait in. In event nothing materialised at at around 1800 further message - sorry delivery delayed be with you 1930 - 2130; all but forgot about it by then but reminded at 0300 message left saying I wasn't in to receive delivery. 

That is my bug bear - the chaos and wrong information, plus blatant lies.

Beyond that every delivery I am requested to feed back on delivery - Royal Mail don't request this added information.  They assume delivery has been effected as expected unless I choose to contact them . .

In summary - Usman, customer service advisor at Evri is due to call me tomorrow (see how than pans out;) to discuss the casual delivery last Saturday which was final straw in holding faith with their current practice.

I shall bring my concerns to him - see what practical solutions he can offer going forward and take it from there.

Will report back here too for anyone similarly struggling with their deliveries in hope it will assist them too 

Wishing all enjoyable weekends : )

Message 7 of 15
See Most Recent

Evri are killing me ; )

Our regular Evri driver calls at 2.10 every day and one could almost set their clock by them.

Usually we have no problems whatsoever with RM......i have at the minute 😞

Message 8 of 15
See Most Recent

Evri are killing me ; )

`Our regular Evri driver calls at 2.10 every day and one could almost set their clock by them.`

Exactly the same with mine, he comes between 10-10.30 in the morning and is a really nice guy, always cheerful as well.

Message 9 of 15
See Most Recent

Evri are killing me ; )

@technthread  @*knight-rider*  @1956glyn @thepillenwerfer  @mahargbennett68 

Brief follow up on this -

Was advised Usman was unavailable to make contact after all on last Sunday, 2nd July.

Lovely advisor - Aga was implemented instead.

Aga contacted at 1405 and we chatted through my recent grievance with their service.

Aga listened attentively and apologised for error Evri driver made previous Saturday - in leaving 2 of my parcels and one of other neighbour's in unsecure spot outside wrong flat door.

Happy to hear that in the main others on this thread are happy with their Evri service.

Perhaps chief difference is central London (my location) is so variable with traffic especially recently with Thames Water carrying out work on the red route, one way, throughfare road I live on, causing gridlock and leading to couriers running the gauntlet when opportunity strikes  . .

Hey ho - first world problems, confident I'll survive and adapt;

Enjoy respective weekends - in the sunshine i understand : )

Message 10 of 15
See Most Recent

Evri are killing me ; )

You type so positively 🙂

Yes a lot of complaints on the boards do seem to be where a buyer lives in an appartment or flat unfortunately.   

Ouch what is it with the water companies.......from Monday a lot of the roads around my house are going to be closed and dug up by Severn Trent and they will be closed for 2 months !   Going to be chaotic 😞

Message 11 of 15
See Most Recent

Evri are killing me ; )

I don't live in a flat, I had problem on the expensive deliveries, stolen to be specific, and in the last days I was using them to send items, I paied for collection and nobody showed. Sometimes some shops still send me stuff by Evri and Royal Mail couriers tidy that for me with their parcels, because they leave them around even if I have a porch!

Message 12 of 15
See Most Recent

Evri are killing me ; )

EVRI are worse than when it was Hermes I think, the last 2 times I have used them my parcel has been routed to the wrong depot! I sympathise with you 🙄

Message 13 of 15
See Most Recent

Evri are killing me ; )

Your right I have to say the same thing, Evri handed a parcel to my mortal enemy's talk about bringing the area down, and they took it and kept it, while I fuming and talking to Evri machine?

Who say they will investigate they gave this family another of my packages and kept it, talk about stress trying to get something done, I either have an item sent to a parcel shop or not order at all.

The last courier I would ever recommend. 

Message 14 of 15
See Most Recent

Evri are killing me ; )

Totally agree with you and Millions of others.I have just delivered neighbours parcels,which the Useless Lazy Evri Driver left outside the main door to our block of flats!!!

I really wish Evri would call it a day and close their company!!! 👍

Message 15 of 15
See Most Recent
Got Postage related questions? Start here: