Ebay generated Customs declaration contains error an causes charges

I sent a package to germany 3 units of something at £20 each. Ebay charged them the vat 

When i printed the postage the customs label is produced automatically but they put a unit price of £60 x 3

I have always used the automatically entered data for those forms, afterall how could they get it wrong as they already charged the guy the vat.

So now he has to pay vat again? 

He contacted ebay and said i had entered the details incorrectly, i have refunded him the total amount.

Thanks a bunch ebay, great job as usual!!

Message 1 of 8
See Most Recent
7 REPLIES 7

I tested with an attempt to purchase the label again and the attached image shows the same error again.

Message 2 of 8
See Most Recent

I've always had to amend the cost and weight on the custom forms with multiple items, on eBay purchased labels and Royal Mail. 

Message 3 of 8
See Most Recent

Royalmail, yes of course because the fields are empty

Ebay I have never done so, assumed the data they enetered was correct, also given the fact that ebay collected the taxes already why isnt the address label containing that code that tells customs it's pre paid.

Both labels generated failed me and my customer, I have no faith in that now at all.

Message 4 of 8
See Most Recent

Also, even if i had adjusted the CN22 form manually to the correct figure, why are they charging him at all, the IOSS pre paid status should be on the postage label.

It's a confusing mess.

Message 5 of 8
See Most Recent

@gothicaudio wrote:

Also, even if i had adjusted the CN22 form manually to the correct figure, why are they charging him at all, the IOSS pre paid status should be on the postage label.

It's a confusing mess.

That's a question for German Customs.

Message 6 of 8
See Most Recent

Checked this error with a new transaction today, the CN22 generated by ebay should have read 2x £45 total £90

It was entered as 2x £90 total £90

I changed it to 2x £45 and the total changed to £45 lol

When printed it had a total of £90

This error should have been sorted by ebay by now

Message 7 of 8
See Most Recent

I will also now but when I adjusted one today the total displayed was incorrect, qty 2 x £45 total £45, fortunately it printed at £90

The thing doesn't function properly and it cost me 

Message 8 of 8
See Most Recent
Got Postage related questions? Start here: