Sell cancelled for injust reason

Hello, I was about to pay a seller for an auction I won but it took one day more than the official delay which is 96 hours. I want to do a reclamation because I want the item of course and because I feel insulted. I had issues with automatic payments on my paypal I could not cancel that didn't let me  paying in the delay. That extremely frustrating, if the sell is canceled I'm about to bid again on the auction if he put it again on auction bid. That's ridiculous why such an insane behaviour just because I need one more day. What do you think ? 

Message 1 of 17
See Most Recent
16 REPLIES 16

You only have a certain amount of time to pay.

Sounds like the seller had their account set up so that the sale is automatically cancelled on day 4.

Did you get a strike for non payment ?.

Seller may have blocked you anyway.

Message 2 of 17
See Most Recent

No I haven't received anything from ebay. I am able to pay tomorrow that's stupid. I will use another account if needed, I can't let things go like that I know I'm in my right, this is not just about ebay's policies but decency and minimum respect.

Message 3 of 17
See Most Recent

Respect and decency works both ways.

If you needed more time to pay why didn't you contact the seller and ask them if they are prepared to wait longer than 4 days.

Personally I think the seller waited long enough.

They'll probably have cancelled using the reason buyer didn't pay and eBay will have given you an unpaid item strike.

You won't know you've got strikes until you try to buy from sellers who have set their preferences to block buyers with two or more unpaid strikes.

Message 4 of 17
See Most Recent

You mention "decency  and minimum respect" yet say you will violate an eBay policy to circumvent a   possible block.

Many sellers will thank you for posting.

Message 5 of 17
See Most Recent

I see you are all very smart and human people. I work with japanese companies and japanese business men, they let me two, three weeks before getting paid. They are paid, I am good with my affairs. You treat me like garbage, japanese don't. It's just a question of being humain and give time, time is money. Auction bid are unique, sometime one in lifetime, this guitar was rare and perfect to me. This is not good at all, what you propose is completly lifeless. We'll see soon who was right or not, go in hell.

Message 6 of 17
See Most Recent

It always amuses me when people come on here asking what other members think, and when they don't think the same way as the poster, the poster reverts to insults.

Unless you agreed a longer period in which to pay, sellers are perfectly entitled to cancel after 4 days, those are the rules on eBay, which is not a Japanese company.

Message 7 of 17
See Most Recent

Morning @papso22 .

My work took me to Japan many times over nearly 35 years,  I'm just trying to envisage how the Japanese I met, amongst the most polite race in the world,  would react to being told go in (to?)  hell ?

Message 8 of 17
See Most Recent

I'm saying this to you, not to japanese that are perfect in business and would have give me these 24 or 48 without any problem

Message 9 of 17
See Most Recent

You only have a certain amount of time to pay. - This was never communicated to buyers / bidders - only the ebay messages you get a few hours after you win an item, then more and more of em, even if you still have auctions running with the same seller, and have an agreement with the seller to wait.

Sounds like the seller had their account set up so that the sale is automatically cancelled on day 4. - or ebay auto opted the seller into this? ( been there , had that done to my account)

Did you get a strike for non payment ?. - how would the bidder know if they have a strike? ebay dont have a strike shown on a bidding account or a communication, they just try to make it look like its the sellers doing.

Message 10 of 17
See Most Recent

Could have been automatized since it has been cancelled in the minute after 96 hours passed. That really a shame I contacted two ebay agents tha told me that I had to fix it to the seller. Anyway I will have the funds today or tomorrow and I will propose him to send me a link to pay the guitar firectly at the same price. Refusing this would be a non sense.

Message 11 of 17
See Most Recent

@maxe2846_suusbm wrote:

Could have been automatized since it has been cancelled in the minute after 96 hours passed. That really a shame I contacted two ebay agents tha told me that I had to fix it to the seller. Anyway I will have the funds today or tomorrow and I will propose him to send me a link to pay the guitar firectly at the same price. Refusing this would be a non sense.

The seller accepting your proposal "would be a non sense".

Message 12 of 17
See Most Recent

If you needed more time to pay for the item than the maximum four days alllowed then you should have checked with the seller before you placed your bid in order to ascertain whether or not he/she was OK with this.  If you failed to do so then it's not surprising that the seller cancelled the transaction.  Nobody likes timewasters, so the seller was well within his/her rights to cancel the sale if you had failed to check beforehand that it would be OK to keep him/her waiting for longer than the allocated maximum amount of time to pay for the item.  Do not just assume that a seller will be OK with you keeping him/her waiting for longer than is deemed acceptable - check first before placing your bid.  Failing to do this is disrespectful to the seller.

With regards to your statement that you will bid again with a different account, if the seller has already added your User ID to his/her Blocked Bidders List and you place a bid for the item again using a different account then if you win the item the seller could report you to eBay for breach of policy and cancel the sale.  eBay take a very dim view of buyers doing what you have suggested in order to circumnavigate a seller's blocks, so don't expect a very sympathetic response from eBay once you get caught out.

Message 13 of 17
See Most Recent

Seller sold me the guitar after the cancellation, he accepted an offer at the price I won the auction. We have become friendly in some way, surprising. I was starting sending messages saying he was going to hell. He's a lovely guy, he just thought I was a scammer or a not serious person. He sold me one of the best fender guitars since 50 years, I'm so happy.

Message 14 of 17
See Most Recent

If you had previously sent the seller messages telling him to go to Hell and he still sold you the guitar when you made an offer for it the second time I hope you had the decency to apologise for being rude to him previously.  Personally if I was the seller you would have gone straight onto my Blocked Bidders List the moment I started to receive abusive messages from you.  If you treated the seller that badly and he was still willing to sell the guitar to you then he must be an extremely forgiving person.

Message 15 of 17
See Most Recent

Did you make an offer and pay for the guitar via a new eBay listing or was it just a friendly arrangement via messages which the seller agreed?

Message 16 of 17
See Most Recent

Yes I said to him I retired what I wrote to him and today I prayed for him because he's good in fact. He's professionnal and kind, and he sells me a wonderful guitar at a great price. We conveyed that he relisted the guitar on ebay and that I send him an offer within the minute.  It's just the ebay and internet tool that confused both of us. In a real life situation of course you can wait one more day for the buyer to sell your instrument to him. And I would not have passed for a fool. 

Message 17 of 17
See Most Recent
Got payments related questions? Start here: