Refund

Hello,

I would like to inquire about the situation where I have issued a refund to the buyer because the item was not delivered, but then the buyer has received the item afterwards. Now I just want to get my money back.

Thank you!

Message 1 of 6
See Most Recent
5 REPLIES 5

Refund

If you are sure it has been delivered, all you can do is ask the buyer to return your refund back to you. If they are honest thet should do so, but if they don't co-operate I don't think there is much more you can do.  

Message 2 of 6
See Most Recent

Refund

Thanks for the reply!
Yes, I am sure the item has been received because the buyer has confirmed it. If he decides to return refund back to me, does it have to be done through ebay?

Message 3 of 6
See Most Recent

Refund

Actually it can't be done through ebay, there is no mechanism for it. 

Message 4 of 6
See Most Recent

Refund

I would send the buyer a polite message to say you apologise for the delay,  but you are pleased that tracking has shown delivery of the item.

Please could they refund your refund,  which can now be done by cheque , bank transfer or a PayPal Friends and Family payment, that's if they have a PayPal account.

Or , you can send them a PayPal invoice, they don't need a PP account  here,  and can pay by various card payment options.

You cannot make them pay, but most people are honest , and would not want an item for nothing.

@georgi246 

Message 5 of 6
See Most Recent

Refund

Thank you all very much for the comprehensive answers. This helped me a lot.

Message 6 of 6
See Most Recent
Got payments related questions? Start here: