Permanently suspended - funds on hold

My account has been suspended, with all products delivered, yet all of my funds are on hold (around £500) 

I spoke to eBay, and I was told I'd have to wait '170 days or more' to receive my funds. Has anyone else experienced this? Did you get your funds eventually? And does anyone have any advice on how to tackle this situation?

Thank you in advance 

Message 1 of 15
See Most Recent
14 REPLIES 14

It's probably because you were registered incorrectly

Message 2 of 15
See Most Recent

papso22
Experienced Mentor

We see occasional reports of this exact situation but no-one ever comes back to say how it was resolved.  Probably because they have had it with all things eBay.

Message 3 of 15
See Most Recent

You are a new account holder,  have  you registered fully and corretly for eBay's Managed Payments?  If not this too will hold your payouts until registration is completed.

See here:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/help/selling/getting-paid/introducing-managed-payments-ebay?id=4795

@sleeker.f8 

Message 4 of 15
See Most Recent

I think it's an MC011 suspension.

Message 5 of 15
See Most Recent

They did say ' Permanent' granted,  but there was a little  hope it might just be MP which needed addressing.

Message 6 of 15
See Most Recent

plpmr
Experienced Mentor

a possible problem is you are registered as a private seller but your listings point to you being a business seller.

Message 7 of 15
See Most Recent

Hello ,

Thanks for contacting eBay regarding the suspension of your account. My name is Maaz and I am glad to assist you on this.

Upon reviewing your account I can see that your account was suspended because it exhibits a risk to eBay and to its community. As eBay is an internet-based business, and its members are our customers. We have to carefully weigh the risks involved in allowing users on our site. Hence, we have determined that it is in our mutual best interest to part ways. We regret any frustration or inconvenience this matter may cause you.

After further review of your account, we've determined that the inability to verify your information poses too great a risk to the eBay community. Due to these concerns, any funds not already paid out will be retained by eBay as required by law.

If you consider we have not resolved your complaint to your satisfaction, you may contact the Commission de Surveillance du Secteur Financier, 283 route d’Arlon, 1150 Luxembourg, which is the competent authority to receive out-of-court complaints by customers of payment service providers authorized in Luxembourg.

Please note that this restriction is permanent. You will not be able to participate in any buying and/or selling activities on eBay. In addition, any other accounts you own, or that are associated with this account, will also be suspended/restricted.

We appreciate your cooperation and understanding in this matter.

Thank you for using eBay and have a great day.

Regards,

Maaz M.

eBay Trust & Safety

- with this being said,  my ID, bank account, phone number, and email had been verified

Message 8 of 15
See Most Recent

Yes I have. Thank you for the reply 

Message 9 of 15
See Most Recent

Hi I've got an account restricted. No bank account added £2000 on hold anyone help how I can add the bank keeps saying your accounts restricted can't add bank.

Message 10 of 15
See Most Recent

Not too sure 

Message 11 of 15
See Most Recent

Has anybody else in your household been permanently suspended by eBay from selling on the site?  If this is indeed the case then you will have automatically be banned by association, in which case your days as an eBay seller are over forever.

Message 12 of 15
See Most Recent

Hello,recently I have sold shoes to eBay with an with an authenticity guarantee. eBay has a new label system for authenticity. They have their own label with DPD, but DPD somehow lost my parcel in transit. At the same time, they have limited my account by asking for proof of purchase of items I've sold and identified. I have submitted the document, and it was successfully submitted. They said they'll lift the restriction after the buyer gets their refund for not receiving the item that got lost in transit. I contacted them to lift the restriction, and they permanently restricted my account, which has 100% feedback from over 70 successful sales and most are shoes. Then they cancelled my lost-in-transit claim because of that restriction; they can't do that.

Message 13 of 15
See Most Recent

Hi there, I'm in the same situation. eBay sees my account as a threat, despite 100% positive feedback, 0 disputes, verified ID and such. They're holding £835 of my money and I'm told it will be a minimum of 170 days until payout, minimum. I have heard from some representatives the hold may last 1-2 years. eBay are the most satanic operation I have ever come across. 

Message 14 of 15
See Most Recent

You were breaking consumer law by trading as a business on a private account.   You can't just blame eBay.

Message 15 of 15
See Most Recent