Permanent Restriction - Funds on Hold

When I first learned of this restriction, I was told up to 170 days. The most recent update I've had is, minimum of 170 days and possibly up to 2 years. This is highly unethical practice from eBay, but despite lack of ethics it's surely illegal to hold someone's money for up to two years? I've received only positive feedback, ID verified, etc.

Message 1 of 4
See Most Recent
3 REPLIES 3

I cannot say I have heard of payouts being held for 2 years but certainly up to 170 days has been declared by others who have also had their accounts permanently restricted.

eBay Customer Services will usually never discuss any permanent restrictions so not sure contacting them would give you an answer here, but if you did wish to,  then I recommend contacting very first thing in the morning when the lines first open and there's more chance of Dublin answering,  they just may, confirm the maximum period payouts can be hed before release.

To Contact Customer Services it's a Live Chat, or you can select to speak and request a Call Back. Click on this link:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/eua?id=5275&mkevt=1&mkpid

On the left sidebar you can see Have us Call you or Chat with Our Automated Assistant.

On weekdays lines open between 8 a.m. and 10 .m.

On weekends they open between 9 a.m. and 6 p.m.

Message 2 of 4
See Most Recent

papso22
Experienced Mentor

You forgot to mention trading illegally from a private account. 

Message 3 of 4
See Most Recent

plpmr
Experienced Mentor

Adding to the advice already given -

you were a business seller trading as a private seller in violation of eBay rules and the law.

Importantly you were holding stocks of, and selling brand new Apple products.

Message 4 of 4
See Most Recent
Got payments related questions? Start here: