Payout

Hello,

I have sold my first item on ebay and it's been almost 3 weeks now and I still haven't recieved my payout, does anyone know what could the problem be?

Thanks

Message 1 of 3
See Most Recent
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Payout

Have you registered your account for payment with eBay Managed Payments?  If not then make sure that you complete this first, as if you don't provide details of your bank/building society account then you won't receive any money from your sales, as eBay stopped allowing sellers to receive payments via PayPal for sold items years ago.

If you've already set your account up properly to receive payments via eBay Managed Payments then given the fact that you're a new seller eBay will be holding the money for up to twenty-one days.   As you start to sell more items on eBay and build up a strong reputation as a trustworthy seller eBay will start to release the money sooner, especially if you list items on a regular basis rather than once in a blue moon.

If you despatch all sold items using a fully tracked postal service then that can often help to ensure that the money from your sales is released sooner.  As has been said, this won't happen whilst you're a very new seller, but as you gain more experience as a seller and eBay can see that you list items on a regular basis and provide full tracking details your payment for sold items ought to end up being released to you sooner.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3
See Most Recent
2 REPLIES 2

Payout

Initial payouts are held up to 21 days for new sellers.  Assuming you've registered your bank account with ebay you should get the money shortly.

Message 2 of 3
See Most Recent

Payout

Have you registered your account for payment with eBay Managed Payments?  If not then make sure that you complete this first, as if you don't provide details of your bank/building society account then you won't receive any money from your sales, as eBay stopped allowing sellers to receive payments via PayPal for sold items years ago.

If you've already set your account up properly to receive payments via eBay Managed Payments then given the fact that you're a new seller eBay will be holding the money for up to twenty-one days.   As you start to sell more items on eBay and build up a strong reputation as a trustworthy seller eBay will start to release the money sooner, especially if you list items on a regular basis rather than once in a blue moon.

If you despatch all sold items using a fully tracked postal service then that can often help to ensure that the money from your sales is released sooner.  As has been said, this won't happen whilst you're a very new seller, but as you gain more experience as a seller and eBay can see that you list items on a regular basis and provide full tracking details your payment for sold items ought to end up being released to you sooner.

Message 3 of 3
See Most Recent