Nonpayers

Ebay really have to get on top of non payers. Sold something on 17th March but cannot report it until 22nd. Ebay seems to not give a jot about sellers everything is geared towards buyers

Message 1 of 5
See Most Recent
4 REPLIES 4

Nonpayers

Although you may not be able to open a case against the non-paying buyer until Friday 22nd March 2024, you can, in the meantime, add the non-paying buyer to your Blocked Bidders List so as to prevent him/her from purchasing anything else from you in the future and wasting any more of your time.  I would definitely recommend doing this if you intend to relist the item for sale on eBay again once eBay have refunded your fees in full as a result of you having opened a non-payment case against the buyer.

If you also ensure that the "Don't Allow Blocked Buyers To Contact Me" option is activated amongst your selling preferences then people who you have added to your Blocked Bidders List will be unable to harass you with unwanted messages.

Message 2 of 5
See Most Recent

Nonpayers

papso22
Experienced Mentor

It is reasonable to give buyers some time to pay, I don'y think 4 days is unreasonable.

Ebay made a huge improvement when they made the cancellation immediate when sellers hit the button.  Before that the buyer was still given time to pay after the seller took action, they could then pay, and claim item not as described when they got the item.  That 'late payment' option has now been taken away.

Message 3 of 5
See Most Recent

Nonpayers

I don't think four days is an unreasonable amount of time to wait, so long as the buyer has confirmed with the seller prior to placing a bid/hitting the Buy It Now button that the seller is OK with waiting that long for the payment to come through.  If the buyer has contacted the seller to explain his/her reasons why he/she might need some extra time to pay and the seller has agreed to wait, then fair enough.  Where I don't think it's fair is when the buyer just assumes that the seller won't mind being kept waiting for payment for half a week or longer.  Perhaps I'm just old-fashioned, but to me that just seems like bad manners.

When I used to sell on eBay I sometimes had buyers commit to buying items I'd advertised for sale and then keep me waiting for up to a week without any communication, either prior to purchasing the item or before it, to ask if it would be OK to have a bit of extra time to pay.  On occasions when buyers asked for some extra time to make payment I was quite happy to agree to an extra period of time to accommodate their requests (within reason), but it's when they didn't even bother to check first that I often felt as though they were taking the p*bleep*s.

With regards to the point you made in your second paragraph, I definitely feel that this was a good decision by eBay.  eBay aren't known for making changes that benefit sellers, so for those who still sell on the platform I would imagine that this is a godsend when dealing with difficult buyers who don't appear to show any inclination towards actually wanting to pay for the item.

Message 4 of 5
See Most Recent

Nonpayers

plpmr
Experienced Mentor

"Ebay really have to get on top of non payers." 

No, actually sellers do.

I'm never amazed at sellers who complain and leave lots of false positives announcing non-payment.

Message 5 of 5
See Most Recent