I have been charged twice

Hi,

I have bought a product on Ebay paid via Paypal. Ebay has processed it, however, it has created another order of the same product on a different order number, so I have two ongoing orders instead of one. I have also two pending transactions on my bank account at the moment, one from the original paypal transaction and one from deducted directly from my bank account (the duplicate order). 

When I tried to cancel that order (contact seller) which has been deducted directly from my bank account, Ebay automatically redirected me to the other order number (paypal), so this was physically impossible.

What has happened here?

How can I request my money back for the additionally paid amount?

Thanks.

Message 1 of 6
See Most Recent
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Are the duplicate items showing in your eBay purchase history or is it just one?

eBay checkout does sometimes duplicate pending payments on bank accounts.

I've had it happen to me several times on my bank account when paying on ebay with PayPal.

What usually happens is one pending payment will complete and the other will eventually disappear and the money will be released back into available funds.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
See Most Recent
5 REPLIES 5

Are the duplicate items showing in your eBay purchase history or is it just one?

eBay checkout does sometimes duplicate pending payments on bank accounts.

I've had it happen to me several times on my bank account when paying on ebay with PayPal.

What usually happens is one pending payment will complete and the other will eventually disappear and the money will be released back into available funds.

Message 2 of 6
See Most Recent

Both of them appear in purchase history.

I have contacted the seller and they have cancelled that duplicate order, I am now waiting for my bank account for this pending payment to disappear which eventually will as the seller will not claim for that money.

Message 3 of 6
See Most Recent

Whenever I've been double charged by eBay there's only been one item in my ebay purchase history.

If there were two orders in your eBay purchase history then you've somehow bought two items.

Though you've cancelled one purchase with the seller the payment will most likely complete and go out of your bank account then get you'll get a refund from the seller.

The payment will probably cross somewhere in the banking system.

Message 4 of 6
See Most Recent

Ebay charged me twice and it's been over a month and the balance still remains in my account. Is this normal? Honestly, it infuriates me that this is happening. I have negative balances because of this! And it only shows up as one order in my history.

Message 5 of 6
See Most Recent

It's very unusual for pending transactions to stay pending for a month. I think you need to query this with your bank.

Message 6 of 6
See Most Recent