Cannot enter any form of payment

I opened a new account on ebay  and  tried to add payment methods (both bank and credit card), but the system is not working.
The bank details cannot be verified   wilst the CC procedure  just freezes when the system requests the OTP (sent via text or email); 
I tried different PCs, different Browsers and mobile apps/devices,  the issue remains the same.

Bank and ebay details match so that is not the issue, same goes for the CC, tried different ones (Amex, Visa, Mastercard)
Spoke to CS they  basically are looking into this....in the meantime my funds for the first sale are frozen.
I do miss paypal, really...

Message 1 of 6
See Most Recent
5 REPLIES 5

All you can do is to wait for Customer Services to look into this,   if that's what they have confirmed they are doing.

It's a security measure, so yes,  your payouts from any sales will be frozen until your bank account can be 100% verified, as you can appreciate ,  you wouldn't want your money sent to a wrong account.

Your money is safe,  it can take a few days to verify details , then your payouts will be sent to your nominated bank account for Managed Payments.

Message 2 of 6
See Most Recent

I guess I have to wait, but maybe I was not very clear...  I canNOT  enter any payment details so there is nothing that can be verified .... meaning that I cannot get my money until they fix the bug.

Message 3 of 6
See Most Recent

Hi angelix-parts, thanks for your post.

It looks like the name on your account is not complete, and that's causing a mismatch when entering your bank details. Please proceed to enter your name in full exactly as registered in your bank account, and that will make both names on your eBay account and bank account to match, and you will be able to add your bank details with no problem to receive your payouts. Please note that you need to enter your bank account details to receive your payouts, not the card details.

Thank you,

Marco

Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.
eBay
Message 4 of 6
See Most Recent

not at all,   everything matched my other ebay accounts registered with  the same bank,  from what I understand , the system did not like me having the same bank for different accounts.

And I do understand how ebay works  having accounts accounts open since I can remember ( Oldest I think is over 20 years). 
I spoke to ebay twice and the second time they finally intervened "manually"  and they  fixed the new account so that it would accept my bank details and gave me 10 days to update it to reflect the bank info.

As for the CC details I know well that it is  for paying fees  so are only necessary for certain transactions, having said that, the system (in my  case) did not allow me to enter a the OPT to verify the CC , I managed to find a way (using the keyboard to move the cursor across the fields rather tham the mouse) and only then I was able to enter the OTP.

I understand there is the need to check and verify to avoid fraud and that there is the need to make all compatible across different platforms and OSs (tablets, PCs  and mobile) , but sometimes it is such an unnecessary agravation  ....

Message 5 of 6
See Most Recent

Have you managed to set it up yet.

Ebay are asking me to set up new payment details as they keep relisting one item and I have no way of paying them. I can't seem to set it up either!

Message 6 of 6
See Most Recent