Account restriction

Ebay holding £23000 of my money! I have sold over 1000 items and have nothing but good feedback for 10 years.

account permanently restricted 180 days to get my money. Literally could have to pull my children out of school and return my car as I’m currently not working.

I feel this should be illegal, ebay has their cut of my transaction, buyers have my items and I am standing here literally with nothing.

please help 

Message 1 of 6
See Most Recent
5 REPLIES 5

Account restriction

I'm having the peoblem at the moment and I couldn't figure out any way to solve this problem does anyone have an idea about how to solve this problem and get our money back?

Message 2 of 6
See Most Recent

Account restriction

Restrictions are applied for different reasons, and as we are members here like yourself,  we have no access to messages or your account to see the reason why.

However,  taking a look at what we can see,  you have returned to selling after a long break and eBay can hold your money from sales for up to 21 days until proof is shown the item was delivered. 

They wish to see the genuine owner has returned to the account to sell,  and that the account has not been hijacked,  this does happen to dormant accounts.

So, when tracking shows this or the buyer leaves you some feedback money can be released sooner.

Have you registered for eBay's Managed Payments?  If you haven't, this too will prevent you receiving payouts from sales.

See here:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/help/selling/getting-paid/introducing-managed-payments-ebay?id=4795

@ebrser-0 

Message 3 of 6
See Most Recent

Account restriction

The reason may be one of you sales was for £17,000, so eBay are holding the funds from the sale in case the Buyer opens a case within the 180 days time period.  Then when you make more high value sales the funds on hold will go up to cover all the sales you make.  Unfortunately eBay take their fees at the point of sale not at the point of payout. Your Buyers have the items they paid for.

Have a look in eBay's Managed Payments paperwork to see if it mentions an amount limit they can hold.

Message 4 of 6
See Most Recent

Account restriction

You say your account is "permanently restricted ".    Did Ebay say why?

Having funds kept for a while and a member having their account permanently restricted are different issues.

Message 5 of 6
See Most Recent

Account restriction

You do not mention what problems you are having, but the Feedback you have received from Buyers say you have not responded to their messages & eBay & Paypal had to sort the refunds out.

If eBay's Managed Payments are holding any of your funds they should of given you the length of time the hold is for.

Message 6 of 6
See Most Recent
Got payments related questions? Start here: