Please help me : 3 unanswered urban legends from panini

Hello everybody i am glad to find this forum after wandering on the internet for months. Maybe the knowledge is here !

1 - the back color of stickers :

blue or black, is there an official difference ? i bought old stickers directly from panini and they sent me both colors, so i suppose they are equal. Are blue a second printing or something like that ? no sign of that

2 - world cup 1998 :

spain stickers, normal or pop-up, which one is the first shipped, the normal one, found in packets ? in the stickers number list the is no mention of 2 spain variation , are they officialy considered the same stickers ?

iran stickers : ... is there an official release they all look weird, cut or uncut etc ...

3 - sealed album complete set 1998 :

i have one sealed album complete set from world cup 1998, bought directly from panini, as they exist for other years also, 2002, etc ....

Without opening it, how to know what is inside ! spain stickers version, iran or not, ... how to know what is officialy inside

I am going mad about all this 🙂

Message 1 of 6
See Most Recent
5 REPLIES 5

paninibox
Visitor

about 3rd point: 100% no Irans stickers inside!

also what I'm sure 100% that spain normal stickers are away better in value than Pop-up

Message 2 of 6
See Most Recent

Hi, The back color of stickers only depends on the country they are issued. There's not only one country that prints. In Latin america, there are prints of Brazil, Mexico, Argentina, etc. In Europe, Switzerland has printed at least, tje two past worls cups with pink backs and different border colors in the front.

The pop up appeared in Spain cards in France 98 and also the Chilean team in 2010. As the back color, there are some countries that insert special configurations or add one. This year, Brazil had 6 add one, mexico 4 coca cola ones, USA 3 special, Switzerland 20 add ones, and so on.
Message 3 of 6
See Most Recent

thank you you two people, panini customer representative just answered me they dont know neither what they packaged in their product at this time ...

Message 4 of 6
See Most Recent

2 - world cup 1998 :

spain stickers, normal or pop-up, which one is the first shipped, the normal one, found in packets ? in the stickers number list the is no mention of 2 spain variation , are they officialy considered the same stickers ?

iran stickers : ... is there an official release they all look weird, cut or uncut etc ...

Be careful buying Iran stickers. They came in a sheet and the genuine ones have the panini black backs. There are a lot of fakes flying about. Also the badge has white background so avoid the glitter versions as these too are fake.

3 - sealed album complete set 1998 :

i have one sealed album complete set from world cup 1998, bought directly from panini, as they exist for other years also, 2002, etc ....

Without opening it, how to know what is inside ! spain stickers version, iran or not, ... how to know what is officialy inside

I know Iran are definitely not in the sealed pack but what about the 3 England players? Also do not open it, will take a big chunk off the value. The Spain stickers inside will be the regular ones (not pop up).

I have a few sets of France 98 so I have seen most things for this set real and fake so know what I'm looking for. The 3 rare England players can go for over £10 alone. Also have starter packs, empty albums, boxes etc. Also got a big collection of badges which can go for ridiculous amounts but I'm keeping hold of them. Big thing I hate the most though is blue backed stickers! Not sure why but can't bear to have them in my collection and sell immediately if I get any. Not like they''re any different on the front!

Message 5 of 6
See Most Recent

Hi, sadly I am old enough to remember buying packets of the France 98 set as a kid. The Spain pop up cards where the ones found in the original packets. The collection I put together at the time where certainly pop ups. I think that the actual stickers version of the Spain players , were released later during the tournament.

The iran players were not issued in the packets at the time. At the end of the tournament you could send off to panini for them, free of charge. They came in the post as a single sheet. I also think a newspaper at the time gave the sheet away free in an issue.

There are 3 England players that are considered rare. Fowler is one, and I think the other two are Adams and Les Ferdinand. There was no mention of them being rare at the time, as I had them in my collection.

Hope that helps, Steve
Message 6 of 6
See Most Recent