refund - seller has agreed but don't know how

Hi

I bought an item and realised wrong thing. It was an offer that seller accepted so payment went through. He has agreed to cancel and refund but then he said he tried and was going to be charged £40 by eb ay for cancelling so didn't want to continue. So how does it get cancelled?!?! what does he have to do?

I said i would look into it as buyer and let him know....do i need to ask for a return?!

TIA

Leah

Message 1 of 2
See Most Recent
1 REPLY 1

refund - seller has agreed but don't know how

If the seller is a private seller he does not have to accept returns or cancellations for change of mind. 

You have paid so probably the best thing to do is to wait till after the delivery date and then open a "I have not received it case" from the item in your summary.    Escalate after 3 days and you should get a refund.   That does not cost the seller anything "£40 indeed!"

[I am assuming seller does not send item].   If he does send it and is a business seller you need to open a "return" and pay the return post.  It all must be done through a case; every time.

It sounds trite perhaps but eBay is designed to be used to buy things that you actually want.  The facility for change of mind is limited.

@leahf123 

Message 2 of 2
See Most Recent