morals dogma dilemma and quandary

wanted to ask the group how they might proceed in my circumstance.

I recently ordered some car parts and I specifcally asked in advance, and had confimed back before buying, that they were proper Suzuki genuine parts from Japan.

the seller charged me double what he charges for his other kits with photos of these exact same looking "pattern parts".

I was perfectly ok with paying double to get real Suzuki parts, and his prices were still much lower than the main dealer. but what has arrived is a mixture of real Suzuki parts and some very obviouse and very low quality "fake parts". no packaging, no branding or manufacture codes or any info at all! they look like junk.

(like not even round, my bare eyes can see the flaws so it wont work as an oil seal)

the twist is... the car is being re-tested for the MOT later today and then Im booked leaving the country in the early hours of the morning!

while that part is certainly not the sellers fault, I went over this with him before buying! oh but now he says that I must be confused and that he never said anything of the sort, even though its in writing in the message thread just a few entires below! 

this was the insult rubbed in the injury!

its not fair that the seller gets to keep my money, but there is no way that I have the time to sort out packing it up and dropping it off.

and I thought... when a dodgy seller sent you fakes you didnt need to send them back, you could just put them in the bin and still get the refund?

Message 1 of 3
See Most Recent
2 REPLIES 2

The rules are very clear for eBay's 30 day MBG,  Money Back Guarantee policy,  that is,  if you received a fake,  therefore an item not as described,  you do have to send the item back at the seller's expense, if they wish the item back first,  before refunding.

Can you pack the item and ask a friend / relative to post it back for you,  if the seller requests this?

Open that case for item not as described,  the seller may not want the items back and will refund straight away.  Either way they have 3 days to send a label or to refund yolu,  if they don't,  just escalate the case,  eBay step in and foce the refund.

One tip,  if they do provide a label it will be a standard 2 kg one,  you would need to on receipt,  to contact eBay Customer Services, and they will provide the correct label for the weight involved,  and charge it to the seller's account.

Hopefully wherever you are travelling to, you'll have internet access to carry this through on your eBay account.

@whycantijustusemyrealname 

Message 2 of 3
See Most Recent

red_magpie
Experienced Mentor

and I thought... when a dodgy seller sent you fakes you didnt need to send them back, you could just put them in the bin and still get the refund?

eBay never sees the items and takes the buyer's word that they are fake. If buyers didn't have to return items some would get them for free just by claiming they were fake!

There is or was a procedure for buyers to provide independent writtem evidence that an item is fake. eBay would then instruct them to destroy the item, not return it. This was almost never used. It's so quick and easy for buyers simply to send the item back for a full refund - no proof is required and the seller has to pay the return postage.

Message 3 of 3
See Most Recent